The Apple of Discord

-I don't understand... Jeongin stared at the couple in amazement. How?

-We had fought for so many years... We are equals, so the fights were the same. We were getting stronger, but still... Two opposite forces. There was no winner. Then one day we sat down, exhausted by our battle and started talking. All that time spent together made us realise the grudge is nothing else but an useless excuse. We fell for each other in no time, Jisung let his head fall on Minho's shoulder.

-That's...

-Beautiful! Felix cut off Changbin who looked disgusted by the story. But why were you fighting when we met?

-Our parents are unaware of this. We cannot tell them, Jisung explained. We need to fight at daylight and heal each other at night time.

Hyunjin was staring at Minho, watching his every move.

Jisung was definitely in love. He was clingy, his eyes were sparkling whenever he was looking at his partner and there was a huge smile plastered on his face.

However, Minho seemed rather cold. He wasn't even peeking at Jisung. He looked like he didn't want to be there.

It was indeed none of Hyunjin's business, but he knew what Ares was capable of and he knew Minho as well. He couldn't shake the feeling that Minho was planning something.

-Why aren't you with the others? Changbin threw a pebble in the lake.

-I wanted to ask you something, Hyunjin sat down on the cold ground and watched the full moon reflecting in the motionless water.

-What is it, pretty boy?

-Do you think Wooyoung can go wrong? I mean...

-If he made Jisung fall in love with Minho by accident.

-Yes! I know Minho... he is cruel and vicious. I don't think he is truly in love.

-It's not your problem, either way, isn't it?

-I know, but... It doesn't feel right.

-Maybe you're influenced by your past with him. We can have more faces than we let it show. What you see on display is not always what you get.

-What about you and the son of Hector? Maybe Wooyoung mistook something.

-In the name of Hades, can you all stop with that guy? I am not falling for a fucking urban legend! That kid does not exist. Achilles killed all of Hector's sons and his wife. There is no such thing as the son of Troy.

-Are you saying that because you don't wanna fall in love or because you already fell for someone else? Hyunjin smirked.

-Me? Love? Yeah, right! he scoffed.

He got up and returned to the camp, his angry heavy steps leaving a trail behind him.

Hyunjin was left behind to wander through the woods.

He couldn't see the mountains because of the tall trees, but he knew they were there.

In the morning they were to start climbing and search for the necklace up above the clouds. He maybe was searching in vain, but he had no other choice.

As he approached the camp, his feet stumbled on a golden apple rolling on the ground.

He picked it up and spotted a showed in the distance calling for him.

-Hello? You dropped this. Is this... he squirmed his eyes to look closer at it.

-It is, a woman chuckled. The apple that started everything. The one that started the greatest war of our history.

-The Apple of Discord. That means you are... he looked up and saw a beautiful woman, with dark hair falling on her back with blue highlights and yellow eyes piercing through his soul.

-I am Yuna. Daughter of Eris. I heard you need some help to test your friend's love, she smiled devilishly.

-You can do that?

-No, but you can. With the apple. Give it to him and tell him to pick the most beautiful person he has in sight right there and then.

-Will it work?

-If it didn't, Helen wouldn't have been abducted at the call of your mother. History links us in so many ways, son of Aphrodite. Use your beauty once more and lure your enemy into showing his true colors, she lifted Hyunjin's chin with her hand.

Hyunjin returned to the others right when Jeongin was putting down the fire. They were all heading back to sleep or to lay down for a while until the morning sun would signal them it was time to start walking again.

-Where have you been? Felix asked curious.

-I took a walk. I found an apple! Here! he tossed it to Minho who caught it and looked at it for a few seconds before handing it to Felix under Hyunjin's shocked eyes.

-Thank you! Felix smiled innocently and prepared to take a bite from it.

-No! Hyunjin shouted making the mortal flinch in shock. Don't eat that!

-It's an apple...

-No, it's not any apple. It's the Apple of Discord. I gave it to Minho to show you all he does not love Jisung. He gave it to Felix because he thinks he is the fairest of all of us.

-What? Jisung asked confused.

-Okay, one: it's none of your damn business, Hyunjin! Two: why did you give it to Felix? Jeongin turned to Minho intrigued by what was the older gonna answer.

-Because he's human and he needs food to survive, he replied bluntly, leaving everyone dumbfounded.

-EH? Hyunjin raised his voice. But- But the apple-

-The apple does not affect a man in love, Felix clarified. Not many people know about this. But Eros and Eris do not work together. Once in love you can't be corrupted.

-So you're...

-I don't understand why are you like this to me. I should be the one to target you. But if you wish to know this badly, I can guarantee you no charm can take over my heart. Jisung managed to do it long before. I surrendered to him entirely and I do not need to express it every day for him to feel that every beat of my heart follows his own. I believe you did not experience this by the way you acted, step-brother.

-We're not brothers! She didn't divorce Hephaestus! I will never accept Ares or you as part of my family! he ran away like a child after an argument.

-I'll go after him, Jeongin sighed. You go start climbing.