The god of thieves stole the curse

-Jisung-ah? Come play with me!

A little girl with dark bangs and curls skipped towards the titan and back hugged him.

-You promised you would play with me, she sulked.

-Something's wrong, Jisung looked at the gates of Tartarus and felt a shiver going down his spine.

-How would you know if something was wrong? her sweet voice suddenly became deep and scary.

-I just know it.

Minho looked up and took Jeongin's hand. He got up and took a look around.

The ground beneath his feet felt like a million of nails stinging him with each step. The air was so heavy and hard to breathe in. The sky was gray and the plain was as red as the blood running through his veins.

-So this is the land of the dead.

-Help me! Please! Is there someone there?

Jeongin and Minho looked at each other confused.

Chan was right there next to him. So who could have possibly be calling for help?

-There! Minho pointed towards a guy who was holding for his dear life by a withered branch in order not to fall into the Styx River.

-Help me get him! Jeongin signaled Minho.

They each grabbed a hand and helped the man reach the shore safely.

-Thank you so much! Thank you! he bowed twice.

-Are you alright? What were you doing there? Jeongin asked.

-I fell through a hole in the ground and ended up here.

-He must have fallen with the others, Minho deducted.

-Who are you?

-Seungmin. Are you perhaps gods? he stared at them in amazement.

-Sort of, Jeongin shrugged. I'm Jeongin, this is Minho and that jerk over there is Chan. We're looking for a way out too, so you can join us.

-That would be perfect! Thank you! I'll make myself useful, I promise! he clung excited to Jeongin's arm.

-The problem is we don't know how to get out of here, Minho looked around uneasy.

Jeongin didn't pay much attention to him tho. He stared at Chan and realized... He wasn't moving.

He walked to him and put his head on his chest to listen to his heartbeat.

-He's dying!

-Isn't that good? One problem less, Minho shrugged.

-No. I don't want that, Jeongin started panicking. How do I save him?

-It's impossible. He's human, right? He's basically doomed here. He won't last a day.

-Then how did... Jeongin suddenly remembered something.

He sat on his knees next to Chan and used his wings to cover them both.

-You owe me big, he mumbled before connecting their lips.

His white hair started glowing again as a surge of power traveled from his body to Chan's and a string of fate attached itself to both of their hearts.

When Chan opened his eyes he stared at Jeongin's face.

-You win, he said in one breath.

Jeongin looked back at him for a second before feeling a migraine hitting. He shut his eyes close and backed off a bit.

-What did you do? Minho stared in disbelief.

-If dad had ever taught me something is that he stole some curses from Hades. One of them was the one he used on Orpheus and Eurydice. Now I used it on myself and him.

-What did you do exactly? Chan asked terrified.

-Linked our fates. We get out of here together or we don't at all. We share pain, exhaustion and sadness. And... we can't look at each other. You'll walk behind me. We have to trust each other.

-Is this wise? Minho asked unsure of what to think of Chan.

-He cannot die here. If he wants to, he can when we get back, but I won't let anyone die in the Underworld. I'm not that cruel, Jeongin explained. We should move if we want to find the others.

-How is Olympus? How many gods are there? Is Lord Ares really that scary? Seungmin kept asking questions like a hyperactive kid. What are those? he pointed in the air.

-Harpies, Jeongin answered. The worst kind of monster you would wanna meet if you're dying. We may be safe since we are still alive, but they'll hunt for our souls the moment we take our last breath. Just like vultures.

-Kind of hard to believe son of Hades enjoyed this place, son of Ares scoffed. Kind of hard to believe Jisung comes here to relax...

-Minho, can we talk? Jeongin stopped walking.

Chan looked in Jeongin's direction as he passed by him. The son of Hermes couldn't even glance at him because of the curse. And for some reason that hurt more than death for Chan.

-What's wrong? Minho asked.

-I can't sense anything. Tartarus' energy is too strong and covers everything else. But I don't trust Seungmin. Not until I can sense something. Keep an eye on him!

Minho nodded.

-Are you alright?

-It's a bit difficult to breathe and walk here because of the curse. I'm just dizzy, Jeongin reassured him.

Minho offered his help and Jeongin clung to his arm to lean on him while walking.

-I just hope Hyunjin is taking care of the others. I put all my trust in him, Jeongin sighed.