Selene's lullaby

-So you think whoever took Hermes, took my mother as well? What about Apollo? Changbin asked.

-We don't know. We only know that everyone is looking for him and Felix has his signature on it.

-Why him? He's just a human.

-We do not know that either, Jeongin sighed. Are you guys tired? he turned towards Hyunjin and Felix.

-A bit, the latter said shyly.

-Alright. We can spend the night here, Jeongin suggested. We'll continue in the morning.

-Are you kidding me? We're Gods. We can walk miles with no break, Changbin chimed in.

-Felix is not a God. And both me and Hyunjin are injured. It will take another day for our wounds to heal. This journey is on our terms, so take a seat.

Jeongin opened his eyes and saw the moon shining brightly above them. It looked closer than usual. But he didn't pay attention to that detail.

There were a few good hours until dawn, yet he couldn't sleep anymore.

He moved his gaze to the left and saw Hyunjin sleeping peacefully cuddling with Felix. Those two grew really close in a relatively short time span.

-Can't sleep?

Jeongin turned to the left and spotted Changbin coming towards him.

-No. Where were you?

-Easy, birdy! I wasn't doing anything to concern you. Just taking a walk. It may be hard to believe, but this is the first time I walk on Earth.

-And? What did you find?

-Flowers. Tons of them. Which is weird.

-Why would it be weird?

-My mom is not here to take care of them. Either she passed by recently or Demeter is close.

-Your grandmother? Jeongin rose up to talk to Changbin farther from the two boys sleeping.

-She does not consider me her grandchild. If she finds me here, dad is in trouble.

-Anything else weird?

-You tell me. Do you feel any signature?

Jeongin shook his head while his eyebrows furrowed.

-Then we have a problem, Changbin made two steps back and then hit the ground with his fist.

-What are you doing? Jeongin yelled while covering his ears.

-Nothing, Changbin bit his cheek in frustration. No powers.

Jeongin tried to move his wings, but they felt so heavy on his back.

-Hyunjin? Hyunjin! Jeongin shook the older in his attempt to wake up.

-Why is he not waking up? And where is Felix? Jeongin started panicking.

-He is still breathing, so it shouldn't be that bad. The human was here a few moments ago. They couldn't go too far. We can catch them if we move now, Changbin said.

-I can't leave him here, Jeongin tried again to shake his friend.

Changbin sighed before taking the taller one on his back.

-You're coming? he asked Jeongin to follow him.

.
.
.

-So what are the options? Changbin asked all of a sudden.

-What?

-You're the brain, right? What is happening?

-You're carrying the brain. But I am close. It's definitely a God's work. But it cannot be Hecate's.