Icarus

Jeongin was wandering through Felix's room, looking at the books on the shelves.

-Icarus, Iris, Hermes...

He read out loud the titles of the stories Felix had on the highest shelf.

-You didn't lie when you said you have all the Olympus here. Do you have a favorite?

-I wouldn't say I have one, but Icarus was the first story my father ever told me, Felix replied with pure innocence glowing in his eyes.

-Icarus...

In Jeongin's glassy eyes was some sort of sadness creeping.

The figure of the winged man falling from the sky woke up painful memories.

His younger self falling from a cliff and hitting his back on the rocks as his feathers soaked in the salted sea.

The blood flowing down his spine and the nymphs rushing towards the poor boy they had to take care of.

-Such a fool, he said with a grudge, his fingers gripping the book. We have to know our limits to survive.

-He wanted more, Felix chimed in. He had bigger dreams. There is nothing wrong with dreaming.

-For humans maybe. You have a short life. What is a hundred to an eternity? He was a waste. No one can touch the sun. Not even Zeus himself.

-No one? Felix tilted his head curious.

-No one, Jeongin confirmed.

He looked around, searching for his friend.

-Where is that idiot?

-You are so handsome. Such beautiful hair, Felix's mother said with no hesitation.

-Let the boy alone! He doesn't wanna hear what he looks like. He already knows it. Look at his muscles. I bet he can carry a barn, Mister Lee joked.

-I've never tried, Hyunjin replied unaware of the joke. But I can help. Do you want me to carry something?

-Oh, no! I couldn't make a God do my job!

-I insist! I wanna help. What do you need me to do, sir? Hyunjin said enthusiastic.

-Carry some chopped wood for the fire, the man answered astonished.

-On it! Where are the trees? he placed his hand on his forehead to block the sun and gazed around with glowing eyes.

-Why are you reading a book about Hermes? Felix asked cluelessly.

-I am learning more from this than I have learned from his visits. "Trickster" he scoffed. Yeah, he tricked me into thinking he'll be back, Jeongin rolled his eyes.

-If you don't stand him, why are you searching for him?

-I have some questions for that bastard. Nothing emotional. I just need some tips to control my powers. I wanna know why I can and why I can't do some things.

-How does it feel? Felix sat down on the floor looking up at Jeongin.

-What?

-To be a God. Do you feel stronger? Braver? Immortal?

-Gods are not immortal. Only titans are. We do have improved skills. We are not frail like you mortals. But we are different. Our powers, our beliefs. I am not the same as Hyunjin. We are different.

Felix listened carefully with a little smile sneaking on his lips.

-What's so funny? Jeongin looked down, raising an eyebrow.