Her weapon

-Are you okay? Jeongin spotted Minsung.

-Yeah, we're alright. Did you find Felix?

-No. Hyunjin and Changbin are missing too.

-Jisung? Minho grabbed his arm to catch his attention. The villagers were surrounding them again.

-Let's split. Two of us find your friends and two stay as bait for them, Chan came up with an idea.

-Minho, go with Jeongin.

-But I can fight!

-Exactly, Jisung replied. I don't need you to fight and hurt innocents. I need you to use your teleporting skills and help Jeongin find the others. I got this. Go!

Minho nodded and went with Jeongin, leaving Jisung with Chan.

-So what can you do?

-Glad you asked, Chan smirked.

-There! Minho ran towards the daughter of Hecate.

-Wait! It's not-

Jeongin couldn't even finish his warning as Minho teleported towards the young goddess and cornered her.

-Impressive sword. Useless against my power, Ryujin laughed.

"Useless against my power" he turned himself into Ryujin to mock her.

-Don't you think I would recognise a shape-shifting ability?

Lia turned back to herself and smirked.

-Tell me where's the boy before I cut off your larynx.

-Where is the son of Phrometeus?

-Don't speak of him! Minho pushed the blade closer to her neck.

-He's with Channie... You don't know who Channie is, do you? she enjoyed the fear she placed in his eyes.

-Minho?

-Go! Find Felix! I take care of her! he yelled to Jeongin.

-Let him go!

Ryujin turned to face Changbin who was beyond angered.

-That's something you don't see very often. The son of Hades came to rescue his lover.

-He's not my... Let him go and I won't burn you at the stake like the witch you are.

-Or... I kill the boy since he is useless and then we have the fight of the century, she smirked, she said while commanding the shadows to keep Changbin on the ground.

-The boy must live, Yeji said from behind. He's your only lead to Apollo.

-I'll find others. Maybe Apollo will show up at his funeral. If they have a body to bury after I finish with him, she gathered energy in her palms and shoot it towards Felix.

He closed his eyes in anticipation when a blinding light neutralised the spell.

-What was that? Ryujin turned to Yeji for explanation. That wasn't Apollo's blessing!

-No, it wasn't. It was much worse. Apollo sealed her blessing and influence upon the boy. And you just pushed the trigger. She will return and claim him. The boy cannot be killed. And she will come after you for sure. For harming her protégé... Her weapon.  

-Who? Who are you talking about? Who am I against?

-A mourning mother, Yeji replied. We better get out of here.

Ryujin complied and let go of Changbin who crawled towards Felix and hugged the boy as tight as possible.

Felix was trembling, his head snuggled in Changbin's chest.

-It's alright. I'm here now, Changbin caressed his back.

-What am I? She said I am a weapon. I don't want to harm anyone, he cried out lout.

-I know. You won't.

-What if...he stopped to sob. What if I hurt you all? You should kill me. I don’t want to hurt you.

-Listen to me, he cupped Felix's face between his palms. I won't let that happen. I take full responsibility for you. The moment something bad happens, I'll handle it. I am your guardian, alright? I'll protect you even if it's the last thing I do.

-Why?

-Why? Because... because I promised Birdy. We have a deal.

-Maybe I should go back home.

-No! You want this. To see the world. Don't let a witch scare you. We'll find that oracle and ask for more details. Deal?

Felix nodded and hugged Changbin in embarrassment.

-Hey! Jeongin burged in, making Changbin jumped and back off from Felix.

The latter noticed that and felt his heart break.

Changbin was too proud to be seen with a mortal. Of course...

-Felix, are you hurt? Jeongin went directly to the boy to check on him.

-I'm fine. Changbin saved me.

-Thank you, Jeongin turned towards the son of Hades who shrugged it off indifferently.

-Where are the others?

-Minho is fighting with Lia, Jisung went with Chan to stop the people and... Hyunjin disappeared.

-What do you mean "he dissappeared"?

-I can't feel his signature anywhere close, Jeongin replied to Changbin.

-Where is it?

-I don't know! I'm trying to find it! Hyunjin spat back. If you let me go, you can join us. We will find it eventually.

-Mother gave me strict instructions, Hyunjinnie. Either I bring back the box... or you head. And right now I am tired of running. I might as well end the job now, Seungmin placed the tip of his sword under Hyunjin's chin.