Eurydice's baby

Flashback

-Eurydice!

-Orpheus! What...What are you doing here?

-I've come to rescue you, my love, he flashed a soft smile at the sight of his muse.

-How? There is no way out of the Underworld.

-He says there is.

Orpheus stepped aside for Eurydice to see the winged God behind him.

-This is Hermes. He helped me get to you. He says we can talk to Hades and make a deal. Hades listens to him! We can get you out of here! Orpheus said with his eyes full of hope.

Eurydice, however, was skeptical about him.

-How can I know you are to trust? she asked Hermes.

-Hades wouldn't hurt me. I am linked to his wife. I will keep you protected, my children.

-Why? What do you have to earn from my freedom?

Hermes stepped towards her and touched her belly.

-The boy you shall have. That is my price.

-Boy? You're pregnant? Orpheus widened his eyes in shock.

-Am I?

-You are. And in 9 months a boy you will have. That boy will be the sacrifice required for my son to become the hero I want him to be. They are meant to fight and one to stand above the other.

-You want him alive just for your son to kill him later? Eurydice asked in disgust.

-Those are my terms. Take it or stay here forever.

-We'll take it! Orpheus replied in a rush.

-No! He will kill our son!

-He will die anyway if you remain here. My love... If he's born, we've got time to find a way to keep him alive.

-Not even the Fates can change destiny.

-But I will. For you. For him. Trust me, Orpheus took her hand. I will move the mountains for you two. I will kill my spirit to make you happy. Trust me.

-I trust you, she nodded.

-Then shall we go? Hermes smirked.

Back to the village

-You do know she is using you, right? Jeongin asked Chan who was leaning on the cage silent. Whatever she promised you, you won't get it.

-She already gave me what I wanted, Chan turned around.

-And what is that?

-That, my friend, is a secret I shall not reveal yet, Chan smirked, lifting Jeongin's chin up.

The hatred in Jeongin's eyes was more than enough to amuse Chan.

He leaned closer, making the god nervous and unlocked the cage to savour Jeongin's surprise look.

-You're letting me go?

-The deal was to catch you. Not to keep you there. Her mistake for such a poor choice of words.

-Smartass, Jeongin rolled his eyes.

-Big words for a god. Now let's find your companions!

-You? What can you do? You're as useless as my wings.

-Fine! Go by yourself! I'm sure your limited knowledge of this village and of Ryujin and Lia will be of use.

-Since when are humans so prideful? Jeongin looked at Chan in disgust.