Ares's page: happy memories

Minho's POV:

I was born from the greatest god of war and the most powerful forest nymph.

No one seems to know why this combination even took place. What was so special at my mother than Ares himself decided to take her and procreate.

I am no stranger of the romance between him and Aphrodite. Perhaps that was his way of making the Goddess jealous.

Yet I didn't know anything about it as a child.

My mom would protect me from every unfortunate news passing through Olympus. She would cover my ears and hug me tight when Ares would start yelling at us.

He was beyond violent. It was in his nature. The image of the perfect family was all he was seeking.

Telphusa was meant to be a mother and I could see that in her eyes. She tried many times. However destiny gave her me as her first and only child. I have always been drawn towards her more.

For my father was admiration that I carried. Looking up at him as he slayed beats and standing above the corpses victorious. I wanted to be like him.

For my mother was something else lingering in my soul. Pure happiness, quietness, relief. My mother I did love.

That is why it made it hard to belief when my own father told me she left us.

I had cried for days. I refused to believe she would abandon me.

I learned to accept it as the years went by, yet on that moment denying was my only salvation.

It would had been 10 years until I learned she was banished by Ares because she was making me weak with her motherly love.

She cried as much as me or even more. While I was taught to despise her.

One day Ares took my hand and explained to me that we were going to visit another family. That I would have someone to play with.

I wasn't sure how to react. I was isolated from other children. I was clueless of how to behave around them.

That day I met Hyunjin, a cheerful boy with hope in his eyes and a happy family.

He had it all. All I wanted.

I found playing with the ball entertaining, but he was sick of it. He was used to it. He was used to happiness and peace.

He chose someone else. Someone more unique that could give him new experiences. I could give him nothing cause I had nothing.

When I witnessed the dialogue between Aphrodite and Hephaestus I finally understood he didn't have it all either.

My father took it from him as well. The peace, the quietness. He meddled between the married couple and destroyed it.

The right thing to do was to tell Hyunjin. I thought that was what a good friend would do. I was beyond wrong.

Jealousy poisoned my thoughts and I shamelessly talked about his friend. Hyunjin snapped.

He left me a scar on my stomach that had a bigger impact on me that he knew.

My father saw it, called me weak and made me train day and night. He turned me in his copy. He took me to Zeus and displayed me as his secret weapon.

And I became the last thing I wanted to be: The God killer. Zeus' personal Grim Reaper.

Now any great God needs an enemy to prove himself to.

I found mine when my grandfather sent me to slaughter one of the sea nymphs.

He didn't even hesitate. He pushed me away and threatened me to leave by myself. He infuriated me.

We clashed swords, powers and anger. He was my equal, my ticket to glory and succes. The issue was that we were too similar in strength and energy. There was no winner. Neither of us could conquer the other. No matter how hard we tried.

-Why won't you die? I cut your head three times! I groaned while pushing the tip of my sword in his chest.