2.

Every morning starts off the the same; Tehiti and I patrol the whole tribe and make sure everything is in order. If a problem is recognized we go to the chief and find a solution. Today we are patrolling and reach the fighting grounds where the greatest warriors train for battle. This place is located directly outside the volcanoes where there is the most lava present, so the warriors can challenge their limit to heat intake. This is not a problem for me however, since I haven't found my limit yet. I'm not sure if I have one.

As Tehiti and I arrive, we overhear someone talking to Noatak, the leader of the warriors. "Bro your so lucky. Getting engaged to the chiefs daughter huh. Did she accept?" Noatak sighs, recalling back the memory at dinner where (Y/n) was shocked and declined firmly, making his heart ache tremendously. "No bro—she refused but the chief came to us after dinner and said she will marry me". With those last words he smirked and ran his finger through his hair, clearly intrigued. "Aw, look he's blushing. Who knows maybe she will find someone and not marry you at all".

Anger takes over Noatak's features at this, his eyebrows furrowing and his face burning a deep red and he says "she will find no one. I doubt anyone else would dare stake a claim on my betrothed. I will rip them to shreds if they try. Besides, I don't care what she wants, this is what I want and it will happen."

I can't take this anymore. Someone has to humble this jerk and it's going to be me. I walk up to Noatak, another warrior whistling as I walk past him, clearly intrigued. I roll my eyes in disgust as I notice Noatak's eyes scanning my figure, his eyes lingering at the loose necklace hanging close to my chest. "Oh, you look so good."

"Let's get one thing straight piss brain"

"Yeah?"

"I am not a prize to be claimed by a lowlife like yourself. I will not marry you no matter how much the chief insists. This is my decision—not his—not yours. Don't you dare speak of me like this again or next time I'll burn more than that wretched tongue of yours."

He looks at me, taken aback by my words, clearly embarrassed in front of his peers. I glare at him, my dark blue eyes ignited with anger and then walk past him, satisfied by his reaction and notice Tehiti following behind me, snickering as he walks past Noatak.

Tehiti follows up beside me shocked by what I had just done. "When father finds out about this you will be punished till the end of your days sister". "I do not care Tehiti. I will not witness someone speaking to me like that. Besides it felt good to take my anger out on someone. Speaking of father, where is he?"

"Father left this morning. When I asked him where he went, he told me that he is going to enemy territory and will be back soon. You know what that means right? We will be at war with another clan soon all because of fathers greed."

I nod in agreement. This is how my father begins his quest to destroying a clan. He goes to their chief and warns them to surrender or the Ash people will bring war and destroy their home. For years I have tried to convince him this was wrong but he ignores me and continues his ways. This time won't be any different, sadly.

...

Tehiti and I stand at the dragons cove, a cave where the dragons of the Ash people reside for comfort and see father approaching on his dragon, Attor. He lands beside us, sliding off and quickening his steps once he sees us in the distance. His face is smeared with a sneaky grin and it's obvious he's planning something sinister that I do not want to know.

"(Y/n) and Tehiti, my beloved children. I have a very important task for the both of you. It will require you to venture beyond the volcanoes."