21.

Neteyam and I rush to the Chief's pod along with all the other Na'vi who have heard the news. We are passing by but there are too many of them gathered around the outside of the pod, so we squeeze our way through the crowd. As I pass by, the Metkayina people give me angered looks and one of them shouts "go back to where you came from killer!" Neteyam rushes forward to them angrily but I touch his shoulder to stop him.

"I don't want to cause a commotion. Come on."

He glares at the one who spoke and walks beside me until we are directly in front of the pod. Beside us is the Sully family with Tehiti, Ao'nung and Tsireya. I look over at Neytiri and Lo'ak who seem to be studying me thoroughly and I shift uncomfortably under their gaze.

I look back to see Ronal emerging out of the pod, Tonowari by her side looking healthy. The whole clan let's out a sigh of relief, knowing their chief is alright. They all say "thank you eywa."

Tonowari then raises his hands and silence spreads around the group.

"My People. I have recovered from my injury. Don't worry my people I am stronger than ever." All the Metkayina People cheer in relief and happiness.

"Regarding the situation, details will be given later so wait patiently. Thank you." All the Metkayina behind us begin to leave and Tonowari says "(Y/n), Tehiti stay."

We both follow him inside the pod, confusion spinning in my mind. Didn't I save him? Why is he being so strict to us then? And why are all the Na'vi giving us looks when I saved their chief? I'm so confused.

Tehiti and I inside the pod stand in front of Tonowari and Ronal. We both make sure we stand like father taught us, confident and firm. Untouchable by even a speck of emotion. Tonowari speaks first.

"(Y/n), you went against your people to save Na'vi you have only known for weeks?"

"Dinraal's orders."

"Oh. So he knew about what happened and didn't come himself?"

"He wanted Flames to carry the wrongdoers to the volcanoes, so I had to come because Flames only listens to me. Dinraal was also facing a problem in the Ash Clan and couldn't leave but he sends his apologies."

Tonowari considers my words for a few moments and nods in approval.

"I want to thank you for saving us from there. We were wrong to go."

"You're welcome."

Ronal just stares at me suspiciously. Gaining the trust of some of these Na'vi is getting difficult but at least the Chief will value my warnings from now on.

"(Y/n) and Tehiti. I would like you both to return to the Ash Clan."

What?

"My people you see have become very threatened and afraid of the Ash Clan and need some time to accept what happened. You two not being here will allow me time to calm my people and ensure them that the Ash Clan are good Na'vi. Leave for three days then come back."

How can I refuse? This is for the best I guess. Besides I will be back here soon.

"Alright. We will do as you told." Tehiti and I bow our heads and leave the pod. I lift the cloth and step outside the pod to see the Sully family and the Chief's kids waiting for our arrival.

"What happened?" Ao'nung asks but Tehiti and I walk past these Na'vi and head towards Flames.

"Hey guys wait!" Neteyam yells from behind us and I stop.