23.

Neteyam POV:

"Neteyam, Ronal has arranged a gathering for the both of us."

"What kind of arrangement mother?"

"One that sets your future in place."

"Mother."

"I do not want you around that fire Na'vi. She is a threat. There are better women in this clan, like Lana."

"Again with Lana? Mother you're supposed to understand. You went with father despite you being engaged. You did anything to be with him so why are you acting differently with me?"

Mother sighs and says "being with Lana will strengthen our relationship with Ronal and the chief. You and your brother will remain here together. If you were to be with (Y/n), what would your living arrangement be like? She becomes the chief of the Ash clan and you live with her there? Intolerable. And I don't trust her."

"I don't know about that yet but you should know mother, my heart belongs with her, no one else."

"Neteyam. You are coming with me to the gathering now. Let's go." Mother stands and I follow behind her, deeply annoyed that I have to see Lana again.

We walk towards Ronal's pod and as we do, I allow the cool breeze to calm me down. My braids swing behind me as I greet some familiar faces passing by. Just when I'm about to enter I see Tsireya to my side. She whispers "good luck" and I give her a smile before entering behind my mother. Inside I see Ronal and Lana sitting down at the table and we join them. I sit down directly across Lana and my mother to my side and Ronal to hers.

"I see you Neytiri."

"I see you Ronal."

"We are brought here in eywa's presence, so that bonds may be created and alliances shall strengthen. Neteyam, we will be very glad to have you in our family."

I keep my face emotionless, like (Y/n) and avoid eye contact with Lana who seems to only be looking at me.

"Yes Ronal. You are right. How should we proceed with this?"

I hold in my breath. I'm a warrior, i'm supposed to fight not entertain girls that I'm clearly not interested in.

"I would like these two to mate, soon."

No. Not happening. There is no way i'm doing that shit. I look at mother surprisingly and her eyebrows are also shot up.

"Ronal. Isn't it too early for that, they are still children?"

"In our clan mates are found at younger ages. They can take their time but I want them to be together soon. Happy news is needed in this clan."

Lana puts her head down and smiles shyly. I internally cringe at the thought. A whole life with Lana? What adventure will there be? Sully's find their mates challengingly. I refuse to believe it can be so easy for me.

"That is all. Thank you" Ronal states and mother and I quickly stand up and exit the pod. "Mother you go, I will come later."

"Ok Neteyam. Just know i'm doing this for your own good." I sigh and nod to give her comfort and she leaves. I need to go find Tsireya.

...

"Tsireya, may I talk to you?"

"Of course!" She leads me down to the beach where we sit on some stones. The sand wraps around my feet, it's familiar warmth bringing pleasurable comfort.

"Your mother wants Lana and I to mate soon."Tsireya gasps and her eyes widen in shock.

"I knew she was going to ask that but so soon? Well...it makes sense, they want you guys to be confirmed before (Y/n) comes back."