24.

Experience is what makes one prone to mistakes. It reminds one of the consequences that actions condone if they are repeated, a trait I have yet to inherit. Nuntai is strong, his built proves it and his harshness confirms it.

But his strength is all he has. Mercy doesn't exist to him. He is unaware of the term. So i'm going to make him beg for it.

He attacks first, his nunchucks attempting to bruise my arm. I dodge his attack and crouch to cut his inner thigh but he moves away quickly.

"Listen girl. You are the chiefs daughter, I don't want to hurt you. Best back away and forget this ever happened."

"What? You're afraid that i'll win?"

"Haha. Win? No. You will lose, just like your forest friends did. We all know you can't even summon the fire by will."

"Who told you that? Sure I can."

"Dinraal's words. No need to lie."

I completely forgot. After I tamed Flames, they had never seen me use my powers again so they probably assumed I couldn't control them.

"Well then let's find out if i'm lying."

"Fine girl. But you asked for this."

I tighten my grip on both my knives and lunge forward, punching him in the face. He punches me back but I hold his fist, twist his arm to the left and jab my knife into his upper arm. He scoffs and kicks my leg hard which sends me stumbling backwards.

I spin both my knives now, their movement sharp and fast it could cut wind. Nuntai does the same with his nunchucks and I move forward, lunging out with cuts but he deflects them by blocking my knives with the wooden handles of his weapon. As quick as lightning Nuntai punches me in the gut and jabs his elbow on my nose. Blood oozes down my nose and it feels like I have broken it. Shit.

I charge forward and leap into the air, spinning with certainty until my leg kicks his big face and my knives penetrate his hip. I pull out my weapon and slice both his legs. Nuntai steps back and hisses in pain and I touch my nose which hurts too much.

"(Y/n). It is going to take more than a few cuts to defeat me. What? Having trouble summoning? Not a surprise weakling."

The whole Ash Clan is now watching us and the heat is suffocating. I hear murmurs in the crowd grow louder, their ruthless words penetrating my mind. They say i'm incapable, a hypocrite, "not an Ash person since I spend too much time with the enemy."

I spent my life trying to please every last one if them, tried to love them despite their harsh words. I want to be a better queen for them but these people can't even appreciate my existence?

Nuntai smirks at the comments and says "you're embarrassing yourself girl. Best give up before I do real damage."

Neteyam could have died because of his actions and now this piece of shit is smirking? Screw him. Screw this clan and it's insolent people. I feel the fire threatening to release but this time, I won't hold back on the Ash Clan.

"I'll be doing the real damage here."

My fire bursts into life all around my body, it's light bright and it's motion fuelled by my rage. Violent flames rise on the surface of my skin and I stare fiercely at Nuntai. Everyone has frozen and pin drop silence surrounds the humongous crowd to my left.

"Why so silent?" I ask everyone. Nuntai stands still, observing my fire as it chaotically flows. I take his demeanour to my advantage and direct a ball of fire on my hands to his clothes. His clothes begin to burn and Nuntai yells in pain. I watch his skin burn and turn up the heat a notch. Just for fun.