5.

The morning sky stretches above the ocean,
embedded with perfect wisps of white. I wake up and begin making breakfast for Tehiti to eat once he awakens. Thankfully the Na'vi who live here stored plenty of food in this pod.

After I eat breakfast I silently head down to the forest where Flames should be, my shoes colliding with the soft surface of the sand.

As I enter the forest, I am surrounded by trees as tall as towers. The forest is a rich green colour and the morning stars shine like silver petals, illuminating the tips of the leaves. The twigs crunch under my feet as I hear the birds singing, the insects humming.

I make my way down to the exact spot where Flames rested yesterday. When I arrive, I see the grass is flatter, indicating that someone was here not long ago. Guessing by the length, it has to be Flames. But that's strange. He's not here. I told him not to go anywhere until I visit him.

Oh, he probably went to grab something to eat. I begin to reach deep within myself, searching for that connection I feel towards Flames. My skin begins to heat up and glow a luminous red. I try to communicate with him in my mind:

Flames, come back to me.

I wait for awhile but he doesn't respond nor show up. I'm beginning to worry. What if he never comes and has returned to the volcanoes. That means that the only way to call him is by preforming the ritual. No. I'm overthinking this. He will be back soon. He wouldn't abandon me like this.

I make my way out of the forest and into the Metkayina tribe. I am walking towards my pod when suddenly I hear a girls voice from behind me. I turn to look at her.

She looks sixteen, a year younger than me and she has pretty features. "Hello there. My name is Tsireya and I am the daughter of Tonowari, the chief of this clan. I am here to take you and your brother on a tour and then take you to the breathing session with my friends." She smiles sweetly, dimples forming on either sides of her face and I say "alright. I will bring Tehiti. Wait here."

She nods as I walk towards my pod. Tehiti is eating breakfast, his face stuffed with food. "thank you for the breakfast sister it's very good." "Glad you liked it now come on. Someone is waiting to give us a tour of the clan." At this Tehiti stuffs his face and follows me outside the pod to where Tsireya is waiting. She pleasantly smiles and begins to lead us around the clan, detailing every aspect and informing us of the history of the Reef People.

The more I listen, I can't help but think destroying their home is wrong. Apart of me wants to betray Dinraal but I would be ruined if I did. I push that thought aside as I continue to listen to Tsireya's words, maintaining perfect posture and an emotionless face. Wow i'm good at showing no emotion it scares me. I guess that's what 17 years of trauma does to you. It makes you numb.

...

"That is the end of the tour. What do you think of our clan?"

"It's beautiful" Tehiti says

"It's defenseless. There are barely any guards positioned and this place is exposed to outside threats. But if it makes you feel any better it is beautiful."

Tsireya seems surprised by my answer. "The animals are our fortress and the Na'vi are highly skilled. Eywa will protect us from the threats. Now come on. I will take you to my friends." She begins to walk, Tehiti and I following behind her, nervous but never daring to show it on our face.

As I walk past a pod I overhear voices, "what do you think of those fire Na'vi staying here?"

I silently slip away from Tehiti's vision and stand close to the pod where the voices are coming from. As I peak inside I see the Tsahik, Ronal and Neytiri talking. "They seem untrustworthy. We do not even know their names." Neytiri says. Ronal nods her head. "Did you see the girl. She is odd looking. And did you see the size of her breasts? They are the biggest I have ever seen on a Na'vi."