13.

I open my eyes peacefully, smiling knowing this was my first good nights sleep in forever. I feel someone breathing on my neck and their hand is around my lower body. I quickly move away from Neteyam, infuriated by his lack of boundaries and notice that we were sleeping underneath the tree. Neteyam was sleeping here last night and I was sleeping all the way over there. How the hell did I get here?

I shake Neteyam awake and he groans while saying "it's morning already?" He sits up and rests his arm on his knee while looking up at me.

"Yes get up. Also how did I get here with you?"

"I don't know you tell me?" He grins while eyeing me teasingly.

"No-what. I didn't move here on purpose I don't know how I got here. You moved me didn't you?"

"Darling if I wanted to sleep with you I would ask, which I did and you declined and I respect that. This was all you." He grins more now, his fangs becoming visible.

"Shut up. I didn't do it. Oh look your wounds are gone."

"Thanks to you. Stay here I'm going to grab us some food."

"Neteyam—" Before I can tell him we don't have time he gets up and disappears within the forest. I sigh and sit down on the gentle grass, thinking back to what happened.

His breath tickled my neck and aroused desire unlike anything i've ever felt. His skin was cool against my waist, a sensation I will never forget. Why is he doing this to me? I must maintain my distance and set up boundaries between us because soon he will know that I was using him and his clan. I know that will hurt him immensely so after it is known I will never show my face to him again, if he lives. I don't want to think about this. I'm avoiding the future at all costs.

Neteyam comes back and is holding different kinds of fruit I have never seen before. He sits down in front of me and hands me peculiar looking food that I hesitate to eat.

"Don't worry love it's not poison." He takes a bite and close his eyes in pleasure, "mhm I missed this. At the Metkayina Clan they don't have the good fruits."

I take a bite and an overwhelming amount of flavour bursts in my mouth. This is so good. I continue chewing and say "speaking of the Metkayina Clan, we have to head back soon."

"Yeah and when we do my parents are going to kill us. Me especially for going to the fire clan here."

"Yeah. You shouldn't have come."

"I had to get away from there. Lana was after me."

At the sound of her name my ears perk up and this negative feeling clouds my mind. "Oh that girl you were dancing with?"

"Yeah. My parents want me to be with her but that's not what I want."

"What do you want?" We look at one another intensely, the tension making me legs feel weak. He looks at me with so much emotion and I'm lost in his eyes. His beautiful yellow eyes that sparkle brighter than the sun. Under his stare my body has gone numb, completely hypnotized by this boy in front of me. This. This will be the end of me.

"Go check over there. They have to be here somewhere."

Dinraal. How did he get here?

Before I can think, I push Neteyam behind the tree and cover his mouth so he doesn't speak. His eyes are widened and Neteyam's cheeks are a colour pink. Perhaps he's nervous. Dinraal then speaks loudly.

"You, come here. Go look over there they couldn't have gone far. The war is soon and she's misbehaving? Unbelievable. What are you looking at, go."