20.

(Y/n) POV:

"My Tonowari! What happened?"

"The Ash People attacked us and he got injured while we were running away" Jake Sully states as he rests the Chief's body on the ground of the chief's pod.

"Everyone move." Ronal sits down beside his body and begins to stick needles into his skin while preforming sacred actions in hope of her mate healing.

"Leave us."

We all exit the pod and the 4 bluer Na'vi stand in front of me, ready to speak.

"Thank you for saving us (Y/n)."

"Your welcome. With all due respect, I warned you about going but you still went?"

Neytiri takes in a deep breath and says "we were wrong to go. You were right, they attacked."

"They attacked because you hid and watched their movements. Doing that is an offence for the Ash People and not taken lightly."

"We will heed your warning next time."

I nod and leave the Sully's because I know they have much to discuss. I head to my pod and as I am walking, I see the Metkayina wearing worried looks for their Chief. That's interesting. If my father were injured, the Ash People would laugh and celebrate. It is common to hate and fear the chief rather than respect them.

I step into my pod and my eyes widen in curiosity when I see Tuk and Tehiti making something on the floor.

"Hi sister! Look what Tuk and I made! It's a toy boat."

"Yeah isn't it so pretty? Tehiti and me are going down to the beach to collect some glowing seashells to put on the boat. Would you like to come (Y/n)?" Tuk smiles so bright and I smirk at Tehiti who blushes and looks down, trying to hide his flustered face. How could I refuse?

"Sure I will come. But first we eat. Tuk come join us." The three of us begin to bring the leftover food from yesterday on the table and begin eating.

"So Tuk. Do you like hanging out with Tehiti?"

"Yeah he's my best friend we have so much fun together. I don't want you guys to leave!" Tuk whines. I smile at her and playfully ruffle Tehiti's hair, after which he grins shyly.

"You know (Y/n), my brother talks about you all the time to me and Kiri" Tuk states and my ears perk up at this and I ask "really? What does he say?"

"He just talks about how amazing you are, like he admires you, differently."

"Differently how?" What does Neteyam think of me?

"I can't tell!" Tuk gets up and runs towards the entrance of the pod while giggling and I get up and try to catch her, but she's too quick.

Tuk pops her head back in and says "come on guys let's go get seashells!"

We follow behind her and walk down to the beach, my hand entwined in Tehiti's.

He looks up at me and says "(Y/n), remember when we first came here, we were so serious!" He snorts and I break out into laughter. "Yeah I was death staring into Tonowari's soul. May Eywa heal him." I suddenly think of the chief who has still not woken up from his injuries. I could easily heal him with my products but Ronal won't let me get close. She and Neytiri don't trust me. Smart women indeed.

"Sister."

"Yeah?"

"Do you miss him...father?" I'm taken aback by his sudden shift in tone and words.