10.

I'm walking back now to the others. As I walk I have realized that Noatak's words opened my eyes. I have been neglecting the duty I was sent here for. I value a job well done and that is what I shall do.

I see Neteyam coming into view as I approach. He seems like he's looking for someone, so unaware of the girl that stares at him with adoration. He sees me approach and breaks loose of the girl's grip, making his way towards me. His mother seems to notice this and watches the two of us.

"(Y/n) is everything alright? You left so suddenly?"

"Everything is fine."

"That's good."

"(Y/n)" he steps closer and I push the sudden nervousness arising in my chest and meet his gaze, noticing Neytiri stiffen at this from the distance.

"Everyone is against us meeting each other and speaking to one another but you should know their opinions are worthles—"

"They are right. It is better if we keep our distance from one another. I am in no mood of making friends." This shouldn't hurt as much as it is right now. He is gentle and kind and definitely someone I do not deserve. I would ruin him, betray him, shatter him.

Neteyam's eyes widen in realization and he looks upset when he says "if that is what you wish then I shall bother you no more." I nod my head and walk past him, too ashamed of my actions. Dinraal would be proud.

I head home immediately after. I cannot continue to be in the presence of others or I will break down completely.

...

Neteyam POV:

Is loving someone this painful? It is like a thousand arrows are being shot at my heart. It's unbearable.

I watch as her figure disappears into the crowd. I can only think about her. What she thinks, what pain she goes through, it is a mystery that I would do anything to solve. But she does not think the same of me. I head back to my family and notice them all staring as I make my way up to them.

"Come on bro dance with us."

"No Lo'ak. You go."

I turn to face mother and say "I would like to rest. May I head home?"

"Neteyam, Lana is waiting to dance with you."

I completely forgot she was here. I turn to look at the Metkayina girl who stares at me. No one seems to attract my attention like (Y/n) does.

"I am not in the mood to dance. I shall bid you goodnight mother." Before she speaks I walk away, pondering on the words of the girl I care for the most.

...

As I arrive home I begin to change out my clothes and wear something more comfortable for bed. I await my families arrival and after a few moments, they all step into the pod happily.

Lo'ak approached me and says "bro I had the best time with Tsireya. You missed out on all the fun."

Kiri then rolls her eyes and says "your only saying that cause you were with your girlfriend. Otherwise it was boring." Lo'ak smiles even bigger than before and playfully teases Tuk as she begins to go to bed. I see mother and father come up to me, both wearing serious expressions.

"Son. You have come of age."

"For what sir?"

"For finding a partner who you will be with forever." Father looks at me seriously and everyone's attention is towards this conversation.

"Yes, the time has come my son for you to be with someone. Marriage can take place later but to secure a mate is most proper." Mother says this with happiness in her eyes and I am not sure what to say.