16.

Tehiti and I enter our pod and I immediately begin to plan how I can stop the Ash Clan from destroying the Metkayina Clan. Dinner is also soon so I must hunt for food in the forest. Tehiti is busy off to the side of the pod practicing his moves with his spear, in hopes of taming his own dragon one day.

"Tehiti, I'm going to the forest to hunt for food. Stay safe and inside this pod alright?"

"Yea alright but make sure you bring back some fruits."

I nod and exit the pod, walking towards the forest while remaining hidden, to not attract unnecessary attention. Once I arrive in the forest I walk deeper in, admiring the wild life surrounding me this evening. I hav always felt uncomfortable in the water but to be in the forest is another kind of feelings. It makes me feel alive, like I have a purpose to explore the many tales behind each tree, inside every bush. The forest buzzes with life, a sight so enchanting I can indulge in it forever.

As I walk deeper in the forest I collect different shaped fruits and put the in my bag. As I am doing this I hear murmurs coming from my right. I slow down my steps and step closer to the sound only to see two of my favourite people, Dinraal and Noatak. Why the hell are they here?

I emerge out from the bushes and they both immediately take out their weapons in defence position and I raise my hands, indicating I mean no harm. Once they see me they cool down and put their weapons back.

"What are you two doing here?"

Dinraal says "developing a plan to kill these lowlifes. Spying on them to gain more intel since you can't do your job effectively. You have barely informed me of anything going on here recently. Is this a game to you?"

He comes closer and I flinch when he takes out his sword, positioning it directly in front of my throat.

"You know what happens when you fail. This time however, is different. If you even think of being a traitor, I will torture you until you beg for death yourself." He moves the weapon closer and it's sharp shaped end slightly touches my throat. I blink repeatedly, taken aback by his behaviour and feel fear and doubt arising too fast. My vision blurs under his look and I'm unable to speak. I was stupid to think I could go against him. The problem with this wretched world is that fear always wins. It controls me. It always has.

Dinraal notices the scared look i'm displaying and a sly smile tugs on his lip. He puts his sword back in its sheath, and backs away to where he was standing before. I breath normally again and look at Noatak whose shocked as well.

"Now where we're we before being interrupted, oh yes, making a plan."

He's completely ignoring my presence and I'm standing here not knowing what to do. If I go against him, the Ash Clan would hunt and kill Tehiti and I, we would spend our life hiding, no where to go. It is obvious the Metkayina don't want us here and we truly wouldn't have a home. I can't betray my people. But fighting for what's right is important. Oh goodness, I don't know what to do.

"Will you just stand there and be pathetic or tell me more information?" Dinraal says this as he examines the map of the Metkayina he has drawn.

I'm doing this for Tehiti. I will not be a traitor, the volcanoes are too dear to me. It is my home. Is it? Isn't home where happy memories reside?

I push away my thoughts and step forwards. "This map needs fixing." I point at the wrongs and say "that pod is not there it should be here. These pods no one lives in they are used for food and weapon storage." I look up at Dinraal and Noatak and they both smirk, pleased. Dinraal gives me the chalk and I fix this map but leave out a few parts. I just can't get myself to tell them everything. Something is stopping me. Someone is stopping me.