35.

The fire within me and around me has cooled down. Flames has finished his task and I call him towards me. His figure rests on the bloody sand and I stand beside Neteyam, looking only at him, thinking only of him. Jake Sully and Neytiri rush towards us and stop when they see Neteyam's state.

"Help me carry him" I say to Jake Sully and he instantly picks Neteyam up and rests him on Flames's back. I get on Flames as well and he rises from the ground, his wings beating at a steady pace. I signal him to move forward and we take off at intense speed.

I look back to see the once beautiful Metkayina clan now ripped apart. Bridges once connecting the clan now rest on top of the blue sea. Countless dead bodies lay on the sand and their loved ones cry beside them, crying out eywa's name. Others put out fires on top of homes and push away the dead bodies of animals inhabitant to the sea. But despite all this damage all I can think of is him. Neteyam's body lies still behind me and tears fall onto my face. I can't lose him. I can't live with myself knowing he died because of me. My heart hurts and every breath I take is another stab to my heart.

Eywa please save him.

I run my fingers down his chest, still feeling a heartbeat and that is hope enough for me. I make Flames go immensely faster and I carry Neteyam's body so it is in my lap.

Head to the Tree of Souls, Flames.

No one can save him now but eywa. I whisper prayers under my breath as I attempt to close the wound from the outside by burning his flesh together. The spear is still in his chest and I don't want to take it out.

"Please Neteyam come back to me. Don't leave me like this please." I run my fingers along the wound and carefully merge the skin together but he isn't reacting to the pain.

I move his braids back from his face and provide warmth to his body. I hum a song that I used to sing to my mother when she was on her death bed, hoping that this time it works. The evening wind causes my tears to fall on his chest and we remain like this for a moment.

He wanted to go home. So i'm taking him there.

...

We're here (Y/n)

I look up to see the tree of souls glistening under the night sky. I can feel eywa's energy radiating from it. I have always read about this place so it was simple to recognize it. Flames begins to decent downwards towards it and I hold Neteyam tighter. He should have been gone by now but I know he's holding on.

Flames rests on the soft grass and I carefully hold Neteyam and carry him to the tree. Forest Na'vi begin to notice my arrival and hold their mouths in shock when they see Neteyam. They begin to call out to others but I keep looking straight. We arrive underneath the tree of souls and I lay Neteyam down.

The tree of souls is the closest connection to Eywa on Pandora. I take Neteyam's tail and connect it to a branch. The other Na'vi gather around and watch from farther away.

Once he connects to the tree I see a light go around his body and I take this chance and connect my own tail to the same branch. I rest my hand on Neteyam's chest and close my eyes.

Save him eywa

The world goes silent around me and in my mind I see a bright light. I reach out my hand for it and once I get close it explodes into a ray of colour.
.
.
.

I'm in a forest. It glows under the night sky and the sound of crickets chirping surrounds me. I look up and see Neteyam standing in front of me. My eyes widen as I see him and tears begin to fall on my face. He remains still and looks in my eyes unemotionally just like I had the first time I saw him.