19.

Neteyam POV:

"Mother, we shouldn't be here. (Y/n) warned us about doing this. We must be direct with these Na'vi rather than hiding and watching their moves."

"Neteyam, she misleads the people, she is not to be trusted."

Mother leans against a tree, her back rested against the thick wood. She holds her bow and arrow in hand, silently observing and listening to the different looking Na'vi up ahead. Lo'ak and I also are hid behind the trees and my father and the chief crouch in the bushes nearby, placing a finger on their lips, ordering us to remain silent.

We all listen to the Ash warriors as they speak amongst themselves.

"Tuntak ordered us to cut down these trees for weapons, by the time he returns we gotta clear this place out." Two of the Ash People leave the larger group and move to the tree closer to us. I tighten my grip on my bow, ready to attack if need be.

"Can't wait to take down the enemy, always a pleasure."

"Ya man. They won't know whats coming."

"Hey you guys over there! Quit talking and keep chopping." They all laugh at this and continue to cut down the trees of Eywa, showing no remorse for their insensitivity.

Lo'ak turn to me and whispers "bro this is intense."

"Shut up Lo'ak. They might hear us. I told you this was a bad idea. (Y/n) was saying the truth."

"Bro I know you like her but seriously! She's apart of these people and all they think about is the enemy. Dude all i'm saying is control your feelings."

"Lo'ak. You're supposed to understand. The more I hide these feelings the stronger they will become. (Y/n) has shown no sign of betrayal and she is different from these Na'vi. Now be quiet." Lo'ak sighs and shakes his head, turning back to face the Ash warriors who have finished cutting down another tree.

"This wood is strong and will make great weapons!"

"Ya keep cutting."

We all silently observe and then to my right I hear one of the ikran let out a screech. At the sound of this, the warriors all tense, weapons in hand while observing the forest in front of them.

"Who's out there? Show yourselves!"

Father signals to mother, Lo'ak and I and we follow him and Chief Tonowari towards the ikran.

"There they are, I see them! Forest Na'vi up ahead."

We all begin to run and the Ash people run after us, torches blazing with fire held in one of their hands while the other holds a weapon. Mother slows down and says "come on" to me and Lo'ak who rush forward and she shoots an arrow behind us, hitting a warrior in the shoulder.

"Neteyam! Lo'ak! Over here!" father yells and I rush towards him to see Chief Tonowari resting on the ground. "Come on sons. Help me get him up he's been injured." We each hold onto the chief and begin to carry him towards the ikran while mother continually shoots arrows at the warriors approaching closer. Tonowari taps my father's hand and with his shaky breath he says "go. Let them know who we are." Father nods and tells Lo'ak and I to "stay with him. I'll handle this."

I apply pressure to Tonowari's wound that is located on his stomach, perhaps done by a sharp branch while we were running. Lo'ak says "bro look!" and I turn to see the Ash warriors stop directly in front of my parents who hold out their hands in the air beside their heads. My father speaks first.

"We are from the Metkayina Clan and right there is the chief of the Metkayina. We mean no harm, we just had a few questions for you Na'vi." Lo'ak and I exchange a worried look.