3.

Neteyam POV:

Years have passed since my family made the ocean our home. We live with the Metkayina clan and we have adapted to their ways with the water.

Currently, there were rumours going around that the chief of the Ash People came here in the early morning. You would assume they wanted war which terrified the Reef People but turns out he came with peace.

Hearing this news, Lo'ak and I rush back to our home to question father on whether or not this is true. As we enter our home, I see my mother with a worried look across her face while father is walking around with his hand on his head. Tuk and Kiri are off to the side, staring at mother as she approaches father.

"MaJake, this is a threat not a sign of peace."
Father sighs. "I know Neytiri but Tonowari agreed and there is nothing we can do about it." Mother throws her hands in the air frustratingly after which she sees Lo'ak and I watching. "Mother, Lo'ak and I heard the Metkayina say that someone from the Ash people came here. Is this true?"

"Yes my son. The chief came, claiming he wanted peace and offered that his children take shelter here so there is no threat from them of war."

"Who are the Ash People mother?" Tuk exclaims.

"My sweet child. The Ash People are Na'vi that hide themselves in the volcanoes and cause destruction over Pandora. They burn the forests with no shame. They are different from us. They will destroy us."

I have never heard of such Na'vi in my life but the rage in mother's eyes makes one thing certain, they are dangerous people who we should be afraid of. Lo'ak seems to be thinking the same as we look at one another, lost in thought on what these Na'vi might look like.

Father looks at each one of us and says "regardless, they are guests and we will treat them with kindness and respect. Is this understood?"

"Yes sir."

Mother watches her bow with intensity as she says "I will not trust them. I will keep my eyes on them."

All of a sudden the horn blows very loud, startling everyone. "They are here. Alright kids let's go." We all begin to make our way out, mother reaching for her bow but father rests his hand on hers to stop. "We don't want to scare them Neytiri."

I make sure my siblings are outside and we all look up to the empty sky, no sign of abnormality present. A few moments pass with the sound of the horn filling my ears. All of a sudden, in the distance, a mighty roar echos throughout the ocean, causing the waves to shift abruptly. Fear wells up inside every Na'vi, the threat of danger growing by every passing second.

All of a sudden a figure emerges, heading straight to the Metkayina clan. Oh my goodness. That is a dragon. The greatest beast i've ever seen. It is huge and terrifying to look at. All the Na'vi including myself are staring in awe at the creature, eyes intense with emotions of fear, amazement and worry. The beast roars again, it's mouth revealing thousands of sharp teeth and then it does the most phenomenal thing. The beast breathes out fire and projects it in the afternoon sky, an overwhelming amount of heat colliding with my body.

I look at my family who stare ... amazed. I look back at the beast who now makes it's way down to the beach where my family and I landed when we first arrived here. My father taps my back and says "alright everyone let's go."

We make our way down to the beach where Chief Tonowari stands to greet the guests. Beside him stands Ronal, Tsireya and Ao'nung, eyes focused on the dragon above. My father makes us stand beside Tonowari's family with the rest of the Metkayina gathering behind us.

The dragon lands in front of us, it's sharp claws gripping the sand which causes the ground to shake. One thing is certain, whoever owns this dragon must be the greatest warrior alive.

The beast growls at us, it's teeth looking even more sharper than before. Panick surges us all when the beast comes closer. Right then someone slides off the dragons back and holds a hand out to calm it.

I have stopped breathing. My body frozen and my hands become strangers to me because I am unable to move. My heart is beating so fast, and my eyes are glued to the Na'vi standing beside the beast.

There she stands. Eyes trained on the beast. She has the most beautiful red skin that glows so majestically. Her skin forms patterns of a deep blue shade that encompass certain parts of her body. Her figure is curved so perfectly, her waist rapped with a stunning piece of cloth that cuts on either sides, revealing her thighs and legs that follow a different pattern of blue on top of the red. Her feet are hidden under shoes that look so different from the ones I see sky people wearing. Her hair, oh her hair, it's so beautiful. It rests on either side of her broad shoulders becoming wavy at the ends and it is not braided. She wears a piece of armour that looks like flames creeping down her lean back. Her eyes, oh god her eyes are a dark blue that radiate boldness.

She is the most beautiful creature I have ever laid eyes on. I drink in the sight of her, unable to look away as she gracefully walks up, her hand sliding on the skin of the dragon.

Oh Eywa, my heart is pounding out my chest. I am sure the whole clan can hear my unsteady and loud heartbeat.

And then someone else comes up behind her. A boy a little older than Tuk with red skin and brown eyes. They each have weapons: his is a yellow spear on his back and hers are two knives in their sheaths resting on either hip. Her glorious hips.

Everyone is silent, watching as the newcomers make their way in front of Tonowari, their hands held behind their backs, both of them threateningly looking at the chief as he shifts uncomfortably to my side. They stop directly in front of him, heads tilted down while maintaining eye contact as a sign of respect.

I can't take my eyes off her. Like she has trapped me under a spell that I cannot escape. Good lord, what is she doing to me.

Tonowari steps forward and says "welcome to the Metkayina Clan. Home of the Reef People. We welcome you with open arms. My children will teach you our ways and provide you with a tour of the tribe. If you need anything at all please do not hesitate to ask. As for the water..."

At this her head tilts up, eyes glaring and the boys oddly yellow shaped tail twitches. Tonowari noticed this and pauses, stuttering with his words "th-the water is a welcoming place if you would like to visit. It is open for you always—if you wish." It was obvious Tonowari was going to say something else but he got nervous and blurted out whatever else passed his mind. Ronal noticed this and gives a confused look to her mate who avoids eye contact with her.

The girl maintains intense eye contact with the chief as he does the same. He then speaks to her "your dragon can be told to rest over to there." He points to the forest beside the Metkayina Clan. "It is an open area but he must stay there to ensure no harm is done to my people."

While looking at the chief, she begins to glow more, a red aura surrounding her and at this the dragon leaves to the forest and resigns within there, hidden from plain sight.

"You must be tired from your journey in coming here. Please follow me and I'll show you the way to the place you will stay." Tonowari then turns to go, exchanging a glance with my father before he keeps moving. The girl moves first, all eyes on the different Na'vi as she glanced at Ronal and my mother, Neytiri, who is looking at her unpleasantly. As she passes beside me I feel a rush of heat brush past my body. My heart will explode out of my chest if it keeps beating this fast.

Her brother then walks behind her as he looks into each of our eyes, his face showing no emotion just like his sister. Soon they are gone in their home.

When will I see her again? What is her name? Why is she so different looking? All of these questions are welling up inside me and I am eager to know the answer. Lo'ak taps my back and says "Brother, did you see her. She looks so different but pretty. Now she is a mystery I would like to solve."

I look over to the rest of the Na'vi, there minds wandering. I'm pretty sure they think about the newcomers. Who wouldn't, the more I looked at her the more things I noticed which seemed to catch everyone's attention.

"Come on family let's go prepare for dinner" father says and we all begin to walk home which is next to the newcomers place.

I hope to see her again really soon. Until then she will be all I think about.

...