25.

I wake up to the sound of birds chirping and the grass whistling as the wind blows lightly under the morning sky. 

Last night Tehiti and I rode on Flames to a far away forest. We all slept here and now it is time to go to the Metkayina Clan. I shake Tehiti awake and he groans.

"Already?"

"Yes. Get up." I make my way to Flames just a few feet away and he seems to already be awake. I pet him softly, never looking away from my dragon. He then speaks to me in my mind.

I felt you were in trouble last night. Is everything alright?

Noatak and I didn't mate. I stopped it from happening. He got harsh with me.

I see that boy again and I will crush his bones.

Flames it's fine. When I see him again ill do it myself.

(Y/n), where are we going with this? What do you plan on doing?

Hiding from Dinraal in the Metkayina Clan. That's the plan. Eywa may have a different one.

Know that i'll never leave your side.

I smile at Flames and kiss his skin gently. Tehiti shows up behind me and we climb on board, heading off to the place I know besides home.

...

"Sister. We are here."

The crystal water comes into view, and the reefs grow bigger as we approach closer. Wait I forgot to change out of my ceremony outfit. Well I hope they don't question my overdressing because I do not want to talk about what happened.

I hear the sound of a horn and the Metkayina gather around the beach where Flames is about to land.

He breathes out fire, indicating our arrival to the Na'vi below and rests his feet on the ground, his claws buried in the sand. Because of his big head, no one can see Tehiti and I but I see them. Chief Tonowari is standing with Ronal at the front and his children beside him. Just then the forest family appears and my eye catches Neteyam standing beside his brother. Damn. He just keeps getting hotter.

"Sister are you ready to get off?"

"Wait" I reply. I untie my hair from its tight coil because my head hurts and it flows down in beautiful curls. I stuff the clip in my bag and take out my weapon cloth that I tie onto my waist. I then take out my knives from the bag and place them each in their respective sheath.

"Always have your weapon on you Tehiti. You never know where life may lead to."

I slide off Flames, Tehiti doing the same behind me. This reminds me of when we first came here. I pat Flames and he understands that it's time for him to return to the forest. In an instant, he lifts off the ground and his wings beat loudly. He slowly flies on top of me and leaves, resting in the forest to the far left.

Tehiti and I walk with our hands behind our backs and stop in front of Tonowari. I feel all their eyes on me and smirk slightly at the attention.

"Welcome back (Y/n) and Tehiti. We are glad you have come. My clan has settled down and understand that you are saviours not killers. Please enjoy your time here. I will be throwing a party tonight. I do hope you will come."

"We will be there Chief Tonowari. Thank you for your hospitality."

Tehiti and I walk towards our pod, leaving the group behind. Before we leave, I glimpse at Neteyam to see his eyes already widened while staring at me.

We walk on the beach and see the other Metkayina waving us hello and we nod our heads in respect. I missed the feeling of the sand surrounding my feet, the light breeze carrying mist that cleanses my face. This place is so different from home yet just as beautiful.