31.

They're here.

The sound of the horn louder than before, yet the beating of my heart is louder. Destruction awaits this clan, it's inhabitants. I will be the one to stop it. For Neteyam, even if he hates me.

Everyone in this pod shifts in panic as two fire Na'vi rush into the pod. One of them grabs Tuk and puts a knife to her throat, the other doing the same with Kiri.

"My girls!" Neytiri calls worriedly, her eyes widened in worry and her hands taling hold of her weapons. Jake Sully pulls her behind him and says "let go of them or I swear I will kill every last one of you" but the Na'vi ignore him and they both look at me.

"Dinraal orders you to guard them and don't let them escape. We will finish them off once the rest are taken care of."

"Ok. Let them go" I demand and they do as I say, reluctantly.

I take this chance and I rush closer to one of them, my movement swift yet firm. I slice one of their throats and push the other against the wall with great force.

"Where is Dinraal?"

"Wh-what are you doing, you're supposed to be on our side??"

"Shut it. Where is he?"

"Third pod from the entrance traitor" he says and spits on my face. I rush of heat surrounds my figure but I remind myself there is company and let go of him. I turn to the crowd who's faces I cant quite read.

"Do what you want with him, i don't care. But I will stop my father. It is what my mother would have wanted" I say and take one final glance at Neteyam before exiting the pod.

I run so fast to where my father could be and my eyes widen while I look around the place. Ash people are everywhere, pointing their weapons at the Metkayina. The Reef people cry in worry, and others call out for their chief.

I spot Dinraal standing alongside Noatak and Tuntak as they talk with one of the elder Metkayina. I walk up towards them and say "stop this father." They all look towards me, their faces filled with confusion. Only Tuntak slightly smiles.

"Refer to me like that and I'll kill you along with them" Dinraal replies, his whole attention is towards me. Maybe my words will get him to reconsider?

"The Ash People before us chose this path of destruction, you don't have to do the same. Please for my sake— for mother's sake don't do this." But his face remains unchanged, cold and deceiving as ever.

"You wouldn't dare to stop me" he says demandingly and for a moment I feel fear rising up but none of that anymore.

"I will. Change for a better Ash Clan will start with me."

"By killing your own people?" Dinraal says accusingly.

"You've already done enough of that" I reply.

"You already had your chance to prove to me you could lead but i'm afraid you failed. This is your final chance. Help me take over this clan and then you can "change" the Ash clan however you want."

"Our people won't change if you're still around."

"What is that suppose to mean, child?" Dinraal's eyes narrow in anger.

I say it one more time. But not demandingly. I say it the way a daughter would talk to her loving father. With compassion and nothing but sadness in my voice. "Don't do it."

But all Dinraal does is get on his dragon and heads toward the center of the clan, on top of the beach. I run after him, but i'm just tired. Yeah that's the word to describe it, tired.

Dinraal gets off his dragon, looking in front of him to see the kneeling Metkayina with spears held towards their heads by Dinraal's minions.

With a dangerous and commanding voice fill of power and evil, Dinraal speaks. When he does the world goes silent and for a moment everything moves in slow motion. Time has stopped at this very moment. The waves crash in wonder, the distant humming of the tulkun silenced by the screams of Na'vi children. Eywa witnesses the scene, and I know she will help those who are righteous.

"We are the Ash Clan, the leaders of Pandora. You will kneel before us and watch as we burn your clan from within."

Fine. Don't listen to me.

I'll make you listen.

My eyes narrow at my target, and suddenly i'm filled with purpose. No more words, now my daggers will do the talking.

I watch Dinraal grin with pride and it fuels this new purpose even more. I speak to myself aloud and for the first time, I mean it.

"Change will start with me."

...