22.

(Y/n) POV:

The wind here carries the ashes of forefathers. They flow through every crevice of space, brush upon every tent displayed. The ashes flow to Eywa, a journey longer then life itself. When you are reduced to Ash, you are free. The wind is your guide, moving, then stopping, then moving again.

These ashes flow through the Ash Clan, built upon the molten rocks embedded in the ground. This clan is aturu to many people who earn a living by selling, crafting weapons and making maps of the world beyond the volcanoes. The Ash Clan burns with heat during the day and releases lava at the dead of night. This lava comes from the three mighty volcanoes towards the far end that tower and protect us from the outside dangers.

The Ash Clan is my home, I am it's princess. It's queen to be. But high ranks come with a price. A price I may not be willing to pay.

"Tehiti, wake up. We are home."

Tehiti yawns and sits straight. "Sister. This time fly over the clan. Let them see you ride Flames for the first time."

"Showing off would be nice. Flames what do you think?"

Flames excitedly blows out fire in response and I change his direction so we are directly on top of the Ash Clan below. I look down to see them all looking up at us, their mouths open in awe. They begin to cheer and I smile at my achievement.

We fly over the clan until we reach the three volcanoes and Flames lands. Tehiti and I get off and I tell Flames to go. His mighty figure arises and his wings beat rapidly until he takes off and goes back in his volcano. His home.

"Hello (Y/n)! Congratulations on taming your dragon!"

"Thank you Tuntak."

"My boy Tehiti. You've grown so much! Soon you will be the man" Tuntak says joyfully and ruffles Tehiti's hair.

"Hey! I had just brushed it" Tehiti whines and I laugh at their behaviour.

"Tehiti you come with me. (Y/n), Dinraal wants you at his tent now." I nod and head towards the opening in the second volcano. To be honest, i'm scared for my life right now. Like I know I could easily go against him but something keeps stopping me. I can't stop thinking of how afraid of him I was growing up.

I head in and find him standing directly in front of me with a firm look. Shit.

"You are back?"

I nervously gulp and say "yes. Chief Tonowari sent us back after the incident in the forest. He told us to come back in three days."

"That imbecile. I send most of my warriors to dispose of him sooner and he's still alive?"

"What. You're telling me even if they hadn't spied you were going to kill them?"

Dinraal looks completely uninterested by my reaction.

"I'm the reason they are alive." This catches his attention and he looks at me in disbelief and anger.

"I saved them and gave you the credit."

"You stupid girl! Now i'm going to have to waste my weapons on killing them. Once again you have ruined EVERYTHING." Dinraal shouts and I flinch. Dinraal holds his head in frustration and hisses in anger. His skin burns an intense red and I stand still, unsure of what will happen.

What? Dinraal is laughing? Psychotically laughing? I step away, frightened by his behaviour. He comes closer to me, smiling. This shits scary.

"It's my fault. I didn't teach you properly. (Y/n) I will teach you how to be a chief."