9.

Beauty is an illusion. It offers a glimpse of an eternity we could soak in forever, never upholding its promises. It hypothesizes its prey into believing the world could be good, a fate we all hope to be true.

As I see Pandora now, I realize this illusion is truly powerful. This scenery is unlike anything I have ever seen before and I am caught in its spectacle. The trees sway as we pass them and pieces of smooth green leaves glide with the wind that tickle my face as I pass. The animals sing a melodious tune that echos throughout the land and vibrant colours surround the place, leaving no room for disappointment in its view.

I hold onto Neteyam as we fly across Pandora, me eyes scanning every feature, every detail and capturing it forever. I smile so bright as we pass the forest and head towards a hill. Once we reach the top the creature begins to descend and makes its way to the top of the hill and lands, it's feet gripping to the light green grass below.

Neteyam slides off and holds out his hand which I take and slide off as well. He leads me away from the creature and sits down. I let go of his hand as I see the scenery in front of me. I am shocked. My eyes widen as I look at the sky before me. The sunset makes the sky a pink and orange shade that stretches across the horizon. My mouth hangs open as I stare in awe at the beauty of Pandora.

"Come sit"

I sit down beside him, not once taking my eyes off the landscape. I feel him touch my chin and he turns my face towards his. I find myself looking in his eyes that glow a beautiful shade of yellow and his skin sparkles with dots that glow beneath the sunset.

He smirks while analyzing my expression. My emotions are getting the best of me because I can tell I look happy. I feel so happy. This is the best moment of my life.

"I wanted to bring you here to view the sunset. What do you think?"

"It's incredible."

"You're incredible."

My eyes widen, taken aback by his words and this unfamiliar feeling that surrounds my heart. I smile softly and he takes the strand of hair that hangs loose to my side and tucks it behind my ear. "I adore your smile, love."

I stop breathing and my heart is racing while I look into his eyes. This eye contact is unlike anything i've ever experienced. His eyes tell me never ending stories that I want to explore. And that word. Good lord when he calls me that I feel like I will melt.

Then I remember my purpose and the reason I came here and I realize i've done a terrible thing. I shouldn't be here. Dinraal could find out and my life would be over. I told Tehiti not to get too close with these Na'vi and here I am being charmed by this distraction. I look away from Neteyam and notice the sun has set and darkness takes over Pandora.

"Is something wrong (Y/n)?"

"We should head back, now."

"Is everything alright?"

"Thank you for this, really, but we must leave."

"Alright." He stands up and so do I and we make our way back to his creature. The rest of the journey to the Metkayina Clan is spent in silence.

I am worried. Worried that I may disobey his orders and let my emotions get the best of me. That can't happen. I would be killed if I did.

...

The creature lands on the beach and Neteyam and I make our way to the clan.

"Do you regret it?"

"No. I had an amazing time but if Dinraal we're to find out..."