4.

(Y/n) POV:

Tehiti and I enter our pod and instantly notice the torches blazing with fire scattered throughout the place. It is nice to see they have tried to make us feel comfortable even though I do not want to be reminded of home.

In the far side of the pod is a kitchen and food is already prepared. We thank Eywa and begin to eat, surprised by the different flavours this food holds.

...

Tehiti is deep in thought when he says "Sister, these Na'vi look so different, they have different coloured eyes and skin and their hair is strange."

"Not everyone looks the same Tehiti have you seen me? I look different from all Na'vi in existence. Besides we are here to gather information and report back to Dinraal. Do not get distracted and form connections with anyone here."

"I know. I know" he puts his head down, saddened. "It's just they look nice and welcomed us to their beautiful home. I don't think father should destroy this place. It feels different."

"Tehiti, water is the enemy of fire. I am grateful for their hospitality too but we cannot oppose fathers orders. If we do, you know what will happen right? Our punishment will be intolerable. So do not show any signs of weakness and don't share anything about us. Got it?"

"Yes."

"Good, now—"

"May I talk to the owner of this pod?" A male voice comes from outside our shelter. Tehiti and I exchange a worried look as he goes outside to see what the man wants. The man seems to be calling for me. Tehiti comes back in, knowing I heard the man's request and I make my way outside the pod, hands behind my back as I walk like a warrior.

I remember my training days where I was taught to show no emotion and walk confidently like a warrior at all times. I was abused if I had ever shown laziness or fatigue. Father raised me to keep quite and obey his orders, besides that I was nothing to him. My mother died when Tehiti was born so we never felt the love of someone caring for us growing up so I raised Tehiti to be kind and compassionate because mother would have wanted me to. I shielded him from fathers abusiveness and protected him at all times, always disregarding my concerns and focusing on him.

As I exit the pod now, I see a tall, built Na'vi who is bluer than the majority of others here. He shifts his gaze from Tehiti to me as he says "My name is Jake Sully and it is an honour to have you here. If you are willing to accept, I would like to invite you for dinner." I look at him surprised as I say "it's a little early for such a gesture no?" He then looks at me, eyes widening as he realized what he said. "Oh—I meant my family and I invite you both for dinner. I don't think you should be alone on your first day here."

Tehiti glances at me as I say "we would be honoured to join you for dinner." I am accepting this only because this is our way of earning their trust which is the first step in gaining intel about this place. Jake Sully looks pleased by my words and gestures for us to follow him and we make our way to his pod, admiring the scenery of the evening sky.

This place truly is magnificent and calm in comparison to the volcanoes. The water flows smoothly beneath the surface we walk on, it's transparent demeanour revealing glowing pieces of coral and small creatures swimming carefree. Eventually we arrive in front of a pod close to to the shore, where the forest in which Flames resides in is closer. Jake Sully steps in his pod, Tehiti and I following behind him. As we enter I see five other Na'vi standing, looking at us with nervous looks on their faces. "Welcome to our home. This is my wife Neytiri, and my children Kiri, Tuk, Lo'ak and Neteyam. My eyes fall on each one of them, stopping on the one named Neteyam. He looks at me and says "hey" and I nod in return, analyzing his golden eyes.