[28]

I ran off from the group and through the halls, laughing through my pain. I climbed the thousands of stairs and waved to my former maids. I threw myself onto my neatly made bed screaming with excitement. You dont really know how much you miss something until you see it again, huh. I jumped up and drew the curtains that led to the balcony, hastily unlocking the door. Twirling around in London's stereotypical weather: rain. I calmed myself down and went to the very edge of the soaked marble balcony. Leaning on the edge, i stared at London's beautiful architecture in awe. The lights lit up the city like stars in the night sky and the crisp air stung my cheeks as the rain plastered my clothes tight against my skin. 

I remember every night, my mother would put me to bed and i would wait to hear the click of the door then i would grab the book i had hidden under my covers. I would run to the balcony and sit with my legs swinging off the edge, my side pressed against the wall. I would get lost in the book even though i had read it thousands of times. The words would carry me through a haven of danger and suspense instead of the calm life i lived. I remember the way the wind whipped at my hair and i could hear the busy roads of London, i had everything, yet i longed for more. More than the life i had been gifted. I would've done anything to feel the bone chilling thrill of adventure course through my bones, to feel the sense of being watched and targeted.

I got that life. The life I had always dreamed of.

But at what cost.