[35]

-sophie's POV-

"Keefe stop panicking!" 

"Stop panicking! How the fuck am i supposed to not panic!?" 

"Maybe take a couple breaths???? We will fix thi-"

"FIX IT?! LIVVY! THE ONLY PERSON WHO CAN FIX THIS HAS BEEN IN A COMA FOR 2 FUCKING WEEKS!"

"she's shown signs of improvement Keefe. She suffered a severe puncture to her right arm and stomach, she's not going to just magically wake up!"

Like magic, those two words snapped me out of the suffocating rest. I gasped for air, needing to fill my lungs. My eyes were fogged over as i blinked, trying to understand where i was. "What the fuck happened?" i croaked, my throat dry from an obvious lack of water. "shit! Soph your awake? I mean, welcome back stranger, nice of you to finally join us." keefe said softly, the hint of a smirk on his lips. "what happened?" i repeated. Keefe helped me sit up, causing a sharp stabbing pain in my stomach. I hissed in pain. "cheeseballs! sorry soph" I waved him away, with my arm that wasn't encased. 

"Can somebody please! Tell me what happened!?" I tried again for the third time. Keefe looked to livvy for confirmation, she just shrugged and walked out the room. Not before telling me she'd be back to check up on me later. "keefe?" 

"soph. I thought-" his voice cracked. "-fuck i thought i'd lost you" he whispered, his eyes filling with unshed tears. "keefe please. What happened." 

"sophie, the neverseen. They attacked, they took tam, linh, long, wylie, stina, alvar, jolie, dex,  marella. Shit soph. They even took biana" his voice cracking after every name. My heart wrenched, churning with guilt and my eyes stung with unshed tears. "sophie, it was brant." my heart froze. "he, he was leading the whole thing. He took your sister. You should of seen her face soph. she was broken, not hurt, just heartbroken. She broke down in sobs and didn't even put up a fight"  "I was so scared sophie. They bombed the part of the building we were in. The glass broke and the window collapsed onto you. Fuck- there was so much blood." Tears were now leaking from his eyes. "i couldn't think. There was smoke everywhere but all i could see was you, your eyes were glossed over as you stared helplessly into my eyes. Sophie i thought i lost you" he sobbed, resting his head on my lap. "keefe i.. keefe" i cried too. 

We were just a couple of messed up teenagers, crying our hearts out in a sense of comfort.

-2 weeks later-

"keefe i need to leave now! I cant wait any longer its been 4 weeks!" my injuries were mostly healed and i was back to training, a little rusty but still by far better than most. "sophie you were really badly hurt and you dont even have a plan. Just wait and see what forkle says."

"FUCK WAITING! Keefe they took my sister. I need to get her back."

"sophie please, if you could have seen what i saw, just please soph" the look of pure terror on his face said it all so - with hesitation- i agreed. "fine 2 more days, then im leaving. Permission or not."

"thankyou foster" I grinned at him, 3. 2. 1. "HAHA! I win bitch" i cackled as i floored him. "that's not fair, you distracted me" 

"with what? My gorgeous looks?" 

"exactly that." he pouted making me blush like a maniac. "MUMMY!" A voice suddenly wrung out through the gym. Yes we were at a gym and not the base, that was under construction at the moment.  And yes, it was a boxing gym and YES i have beaten every single person that has challenged me. Well everyone except some woman. In my defense she was huge and very scary and i think if i beat her she would have targeted me for the rest of my life.

"MUMMY!" i suddenly got tackled by and adorable little munchkin. "Hey baby! I've missed you so much" i cooed as i picked dexter up and swung him round my waist. "By golly! You've gotten tall! Your nearly bigger than me now!" 

"I've been eating my bwoccoli!" he beamed. And again, yes, this kid does call me mummy. He first started about a month after i took him under my wing and i never had a problem with it. "well, im very proud of you!" suddenly he leaned in and started whispering into my ear. "Mummy that big man is staring at you" i turned my head to see keefe looking at us with an eyebrow raised. "dont worry little man, he's a big softie" i giggled, beckoning keefe over. "hey little dude! You must be the infamous dexter" 

"and you mwust be the guy my mummys all ways talkwing abwout" he grinned. "DEXTER YOU RAT!" I screeched, my cheeks blazing. "oop! anyway, i need to go to auntie cheryl. We jwust cwame to say hewwo! Bye mummy, bye mister!" he saluted before hopping out my arms and running to the maid he came with. I smiled at her and she grinned back. 

"cute kid, big mouth" keefe chuckled. I swatted his arm. "mummy huh? wasn't expecting that." i shrugged, "i'm all he has" i said as i turned back towards the door, facing away from the embarrassment ahead.

"dont think i've forgotten that you talk about me. Do i make butterflies in your stomach go crazy?" he whispered into my ear, his hands grabbing my waist. My heart roared and nmy body heated up. "I'll be saving that information for later." he whispered. My cheeks were blazing as he let go of my hips and headed to the door. "Meet you on this bike!" he called as if nothing happened.

Well... that was new.

-------------------------------------------------------------

962 words!

Loved this chapter :)