[29]

I woke up to a feeling I had missed dearly. The clattering of dishes in the kitchen and the hammering rain on my balcony window. I stretched into a star on my king sized bed, jumping when I felt something warm brush against my foot. I wearily opened my heavy eyelids, pressing the heel of my hands into my eyes as I adjusted to the light. 

I smiled as I saw Keefe sleeping next to me, I couldn't recall him coming in. I watched as his stomach lifted up and down to the sound of his heavy breathing. I checked to the 05:47, reluctantly I slipped out of bed and curled my toes in the soft fluffy carpet. I headed into my walk in wardrobe and pulled one of the heels (that I never wore) in a backwards motion. The cupboard swung sideways and I walked in, the 'door' closing behind me. 

I jotted down the stairs and into a room with a glowing blue lift. I stepped in and the glass doors closed In front of me with a satisfying swish. Since I had been doing this for what? 8\9 years? I no longer had to hold the railing. The lift dropped straight down so fast it made my stomach clench. It passed at least 10 floors down in 5 seconds and came to an abrupt stop in front of two glowing yellow doors.

I placed my hand on the sensor and the doors swung open. "Welcome miss Foster" the robotic voice called. "Hello vertina, can you get my favourite black leather suit and white cape ready?" 

"Of course! But only when you tell me where you have been for the last million years" her hologram (if you can call her that) appeared in front of me with crossed arms. "Go ask Jolie, she's obviously your favourite" I smiled back, a teasing glint in my eye. She returned the smile and disappeared and went to the floor above this that had purple doors- Jolie's floor.

I walked through the immaculate room and into a slim cilindar room that looked like the lift with the same electric blue glow and see through doors. I pressed my hand to the sensor and tapped in the code. A machine fell down with my suit in and when it lifted I had completely changed into the black leather outfit. I felt like iron man. It had lots of pockets for the millions of weapons i carry. I tied my golden locks into a tight bun with two strands at the front.

"Okay Vertina, wake the others (my new friends) up and take them to head to head quarters. I'm heading off"  

"On it"

I clicked a button on the wall In front of a giant door and my gorgeous golden motorbike stood shimmering in the white light.  " I missed you my darling" I whispered to the bike. Before hopping on and putting the matching helmet on. I revved the engine and opened the second gate speeding out of the palace walls and into the busy streets of London.

More cars than i could count beeped at me but i just threw my head back laughing.

 I pulled up to the big black building in the centre of London. I hopped off my bike, pulling the helmet off and tucking it into my hip. I walked through the glass doors, nodding at the lady at the desk. She smiled upon seeing me again. I got in the lift and scanned my finger onto the sensor.  A whole other door opened at the back of the lift where mirrors were placed. I walked into the second lift and it automatically dropped down. We own the offices above as a cover for our real headquarters. the lift dinged and i stepped out, inhaling the smell of home. 

The main hall was spacious and decorated with glowing blue lights. There was a balcony at the top back, which is where the collective would stand. There was doors going all along the wall, some led to dorms and others led to things like electronic design rooms, healing centres, apothecaries, garden rooms, sparring rooms, a canteen, all sorts of training areas, weapon rooms, the main sparring arena, and of course my own personalised room thingie!

Me, charles and Long would hang out, train and just chill in there. I walked over to it, ignoring the stare's that followed me, and licked the dna sensor which opened the door to the room.  I slowly walked inside, marvelling at my interior design skills. (not before i flipped all the people that were staring at me the middle finger- what can i say... they need to get a life!)

My jaw dropped as I saw  charles, he had cut his hair shorter and - from what I could tell- had lost a lot of muscle. Which is a weird thing to be focussing on when you've just caught your ex (?) in a heated makeout session with your best friend!!!??? 

WOAH