𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

March 19, 2023

______

I had turned around and just as I had placed my hand on the doorknob Jaren said "You're gonna have to choose."

"Excuse me?" I said, turning around to face him.

"You heard me," he said, pain thick in his voice. "I need you to choose. Me or Donte. Choose now."

"You really expect me to—."

"Just choose him, Rini..."

I turned around seeing Donte standing there with Landon in his arms. A sad look crossing his face as he took in the situation.

"Donte..." I said shaking my head.

Donte smiled sadly and shook his head. "It's fine. I saw this coming anyways...I just wanna be a part of her life...the same way you're a part of my son's life."

Jaren shook his head. "It's not the same and you know it. I know you still love her."

Donte shrugged. "Who wouldn't? But I know my place, and I haven't overstepped anything. So I don't understand your sudden annoyance with me, but I respect your opinion, so Im'a step back."

"Donte please.." I said shaking my head.

Donte gave me a sad smile and handed Landon to me and shrugged. "It's cool. I gotta get to practice anyways, so I guess I'll see y'all around."

It was in that moment that I felt my heart crack inside of my chest when Donte walked away down the hall and got into an elevator, and once the elevators doors shut...

...My heart split into two.

Slowly, I turned around to face Jaren who had a guilty but satisfied look on his face. Tears stung my eyes as I glared at him.

"What did you just DO?!" I shouted, tears streaming down my cheeks.

Jaren jerked his head back. "I didn't do anything!"

"Get out, Jaren..." I mumbled. "I just...I really cannot with you right now."

Jaren scoffed in disbelief and shook his head, "Are you serious righ—."

"JAREN GET OUT!"

When he didn't move, I shook my head and walked back into the hospital room and shut the door, locking it behind me so he wouldn't be able to come inside.

I walked over to the window and watched as Donte walked over to car, got inside and drove off.

After the endless times of me leaving Donte or us walking away from each other, you'd think that I would be used to this by now, but this time...when I watched him leave, it felt like he took my heart with him.

___

END OF PROLOGUE

What did y'all think??

Y'all ready for this drama?? I don't think y'all are!

Buckle your seats belts and hold on tight because it's gonna be a wild ride!

___