017

SERENITY PAYTON
three weeks later...

life has been good.
actually, good doesn't even come close to describing how my life has been these past three weeks.

i'm pretty sure the word to describe my life right now would be: PRETTY FREAKING AWESOME! i don't know what has shifted in my life, but, whatever it is, i love it and i never want it to change.

the group is in a great space: asia and juan are busy with working and planning their wedding (already). kidd and moody are in a good space again and we'll be meeting their child in a few weeks once kidd comes back from new york.

angel is now 6 months pregnant and is still working but also she and jordan are planning on moving into a new house and getting everything ready for when the baby comes. amour is better than ever—granted it's only been three weeks since her breakup with les, she's thriving on her own.

gary and kasara are doing great—she's meeting the family today, with us there as her support since me and gary's family don't have any sense. fantasia and james are coming down from detroit to spend some time with us and maria and klay—let's just say those two have been really, really happy. they just recently bought a new boat and a house in North Carolina.

as for donte and i? we're doing great. like really, really great. he, landon, and i spend a lot of time together as a family; and when jayson sends deuce down here, deuce comes on our outings, too, and it's like we have the best time!

and let's just say, deuce is thrilled that donte and i are getting things together, and surprisingly, so is jayson.

speaking of jayson, guess who jayson has been spending a lot of time with?...we'll get to that later, since that's not the focus right now: the big focus is kasara meeting the family.

i haven't seen my mother or my father and my dumbass cousins since they first met donte, but of course, i've kept in contact with gary's parents, auntie mo and uncle g, because they're not simple minded and ridiculously disrespectful and dishonest.

so with this being the first time that i'm seeing my parents in a year, it was going to be hard for me, but of course, donte and i were here for moral support for both kasara and gary.

my biggest worry is the fact that we brought landon along...and knowing how my parents feel about white people and how they think and feel about donte, them learning that i had a child by donte might send them into cardiac arrest...or better yet; their death beds.

"how you feeling?" i asked as we all walked into the restaurant.

gary shrugged and let out a nervous sigh. "you want my honest response, or my i'm-mr.cool-guy response?"

"your honest answer, duh." donte chuckled.

"i'm shitting bricks..." gary said.

"well, hold it." i giggled, patting his shoulder.

"how about you, sara," donte asked. "how you feelin?"

kasara shrugged her shoulders. "honestly, i'm not nervous. i'm just mentally preparing myself so that i won't jump over a table or anything..."

gary turned to donte and i. "what about you two? how are y'all feeling? because the last time that they saw y'all, it wasn't pretty."