011

SERENITY PAYTON

"So you mean to tell me, that Jaren is going around saying that y'all eloped when in reality, you told him that your answer was no?!" Maria exclaimed in shock.

Jordan shook his head in disbelief, "This nigga has all the damn audacity in the world."

Asia turned to Jordan, "Uhh...ain't that yo friend?"

"I mean yeah, but—."

"Ain't that yo friend?" Asia repeated.

"Can I finish my goddamn sen—."

"Ain't that yo friend?!" Asia continued, this time clapping her hands with each word.

Jordan sighed and side eyed Asia, who held her hands up like she was done. "Look, I may have grown up with Jaren, but he going too far fucking around with my best friend."

"Who's your best friend?" Kidd asked, turning to Jordan.

"Serenity." Jordan said, looking at Kidd like he was crazy.

Kidd scoffed. "Nice joke," he said. "We all know Rini is my best friend."

"Nigga, I'm not doing this shit with you today!" Jordan sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Mad cause you know I'm right?" Kidd smirked.

"Nigga you're wrong—" Jordan paused and took a deep breath and shook his head. "You know what, it's not worth it! We got bigger things to worry about.."

"You're both wrong," Deuce said, looking up at Jordan and Kidd. "Rini is my best friend."

We all looked down at Deuce in shock and amusement as he crawled into my lap and beside Landon as they looked down at the screen, watching Dragon Tales.

"Well damn." Moody chuckled. "Y'all just got beat out by the spawn of Tatum."

"Shut up, Megamind!" Jordan said, slapping Moody's forehead.

Moody staggered back a little, placing his hand on his forehead and glared at Jordan. "You'll never get the chance to treat me like a piece of shit again."

"Can we get back to the task at hand?" Juan said, picking Hamlet up and scratching the back of his head.

"Right," Steph said, "Because this is serious. This is Rini's image he's playing with, and her future with Donte."

Immediately my head shot up at the mention of Donte and suddenly my heart began pounding out of my chest. What if he saw this? And he never wanted to speak to me again. Because of Jaren, the future of Donte and I could be shot to shit.

Is that what he was trying to do?

"Does Donte...does he know about this?" I asked urgently.

Gary nodded with a sad expression on his face. "Yeah, he does. He had already thought you were going to say yes anyways. He's handling it pretty rough though."

Dray nodded. "It's true. He wasn't even able to focus during practice."

"Poor kid was acting like his entire world had came crashing down around him." Klay said with a shake of his head.

"Where is he?" I asked.

Jonathan shrugged. "As if we know. After he was talking to GP, I hadn't seen him."

"Someone call him," Juan suggested. "Tell him to come up here. The both of y'all need to talk this shit out."

Maria nodded. "I agree. I'm sick of you two always ending without communicating what's going on. You two have so much shit that has gone unsaid."