03

SERENITY PAYTON

Once again, another fight broke out between the Warriors and one Grizzlies player, but this time, it happened at my son's first birthday party.

I was just glad that Klay and Maria took Landon inside so he wouldn't have to witness the foolishness of his uncles and, well Aunt Angel.

Jaren and Jordan were definitely going toe to toe right now, but Jordan had the advantage. It was like he was releasing all of his anger and frustration out on Jaren and, honestly, it was scaring me because I had never and I mean never seen him get like this.

"Hey famil—What the hell is going on?!" Kidd shouted as he walked into the backyard with Moses at his side.

Angel quickly walked over to Jordan and Jaren, yanking Jaren off of Jordan while punching him in the chest at the same time. "What the hell is wrong with you?!"

I quickly stood in between Jordan and Jaren, but I don't know what that punch did to Jordan, because he was fighting his hardest to get around me and the hold that Juan and I had on him.

"Jordan, stop!" Juan said urgently. "Relax!"

"No bro!" Jordan shouted. "I'm sick of these niggas thinking they can put they hands on me and get away with it! It's bullshit and the next nigga that do it—."

"Man, Jordan you ain't gon' do shit!" Jaren shouted, attempting to advance towards Jordan.

"Shut up, Jaren!" I shouted, shoving him back, taking him by surprise. "Why do you always do this?!"

"Why are you always worrying about Donte? Huh? Let's talk about that!" Jaren snapped.

Asia shook her head and walked over to us. "See, no. This is what we not gonna do."

"Shut up, Asia." Jaren snapped.

"Nigga I'll slap you so hard your teeth will fly down your throat!" Asia shot back, pointing at him.

Jaren turned to me. "Why is it always about him? Every single time he comes around, you wanna be around him and act like I don't exist. Why is that?"

"He is Landon's father and he and I are friends, Jaren," I said shaking my head. "Why can't you accept that? I want Landon to see that Donte and I get along!"

Jaren shook his head, he looked as if he didn't believe a word that came out of my mouth, even though, it was the truth; and instead of saying anything else, he just scoffed and walked away, bumping my shoulder as he walked inside.

I felt beyond guilty right now. I don't ever mean to make Jaren feel like he isn't seen or loved, because he is. He one hundred percent is; but our relationship has never been easy.

Even before Donte it wasn't easy...but we kept pushing through because...well, because we love each other. He fixed me when I was broken and helped me build myself back up to where I am now, but the scary thing is, I feel like he's a repeat of what I've already been through...

And I worked too hard to get away from that.

Now I just didn't know what to do, because the last thing that I wanted to do was run away when things got hard—I've done that before and it's only hurt me and the people around me, plus I didn't want to tear Landon away from Jaren.

Yes, he's only one but, he's very familiar with him and very close to him...and the last thing I wanted to do was hurt my son.

But wasn't it hurting him if he grew up seeing this insanity all the time?