020

JORDAN ANTHONY POOLE

"How you feeling?"

We were quickly—and I mean quickly—approaching the seventh month mark of Angel's pregnancy, and I thought that as the pregnancy goes on, that the hormones get easier to deal with, but boy was I wrong.

Like dead wrong.
Like dead as a door nail wrong.
Like casket sharp wrong.

Sure she may not be a crybaby anymore, but I'd rather have that then getting snapped at now. Lately she's just angry, and for no reason!

Like how do you get mad because the refrigerator is black and not stone gray? Please help me understand!

But, after a long talk with Steph, he let me know that I'm not the only one who's confused about Angel's mood swings and over-bearing pregnancy hormones.

He opened my eyes and made me realize that she's going through confusion as well, and that I can't keep ducking and hiding, and putting on my suit of armor when she comes around because I'm probably making her feel worse than better.

But can you blame me for getting scared? The woman is vicious when her emotions are out of wack. I got a hamburger thrown at my head yesterday; and the way that hamburger hit the wall, I got scared for my existence on planet earth.

I felt bad for the poor hamburger. It didn't deserve to go out like that...which is exactly when she went to sleep, I gave the hamburger a funeral. It seemed like it deserved a proper send off.

Judge me if you want to, but that's just how I felt. Poor hamburger...

Angel smiled softly and shrugged. "Hungry, but good. You?"

"Tired, Steve wore us out in practice today, plus Landon and Deuce ran me dry," I mumbled, resting my head on the pillow. "I don't know how I'm gonna deal with Harmonie when she gets here."

Angel grinned. "If she's anything like you, we're gonna have our work cut out for us."

"I bet we are." I chuckled.

Angel glanced over at me and furrows her brows. "What's going on in your head, Poole?"

I shrugged. "I just wanted to apologize to you. I been too busy hiding from your pregnancy hormones and mood swings then trying to understand them and help you understand them as well. I just feel like, I've left you alone in all this, and you don't deserve that. I want to be present in the baby's life and your life...I can't just keep running, ducking and hiding at any minor inconvenience, y'know?"

Angel gave me a soft smile and nodded. "It's fine, Jordan. Honestly, I hadn't thought much of it, because you have been here for me in more ways than you realize, plus I've kind of been scaring myself with these mood swings. I'll just be glad when it's all over."

"Does...does being a parent scare you sometimes? Like knowing that we're going to have to take care of a human that we created for 18 years? Does that scare you?" I asked, looking up at the ceiling.

"Sometimes...but when I remember that I'm going to be by your side, I don't get as scared." She said, smiling at me.

I smiled widely and propped myself up on my elbow. "You really think that?"

"Of course," Angel assured me. "We're in this together, Poole, and I wouldn't have it any other way."

"Good," I said with a smile. "Neither would I."

***

AMOUR's POV

Writers block.
I hate it.