018

DONTE DIVINCENZO

"Donte," Jordan said. "I hope you know that it's 8:30 in the morning,"

"Yea, bro. It is too early to even be alive right now," JK groaned, rubbing his eye. "What is so important?"

I looked around, seeing that everyone was here: Jordan, Steph, Killian, Dray, JK, Moody, Ty, Steve, James, Gary, Klay, Jua—where is Juan?

"Where's Juan?" I asked, craning my neck to see if I had kissed him or something.

Gary shrugged. "No clue. He hasn't answered his phone."

"He probably sleep," Moody chuckled. "I heard him and Asia been going crazy in the sheets ever since they got engaged."

"She probably put his ass to sleep!" Jordan chuckled,
pulling at his chin hair.

"Take that freaky shit elsewhere," Dray groaned, pulling on the draw strings of his hoodie. "Let me know why in God's name did I have to wake up early and be here??"

I sighed and shook my head at their impatience. I swear, sometimes, they were like children other than grown men with wives (one boyfriend) and children or children on the way.

"Look, I asked you all here because I wanted to do this the right way..." I said, gaining their attention back.

"Do what the right way?" JK asked, stretching.

I took a deep breath and ran my hand over my hair a few times like I did when I was nervous and didn't have a basketball in my hand.

Just when I thought I had all my words together that I had rehearsed over and over in my head, I couldn't gather them. It was like everything that I wanted to say had just went out my head like it never existed.

Shit.

"I know you didn't wake us all up at the ass crack of the morning to just sit here and look red in the face and dumbfounded." Moody said, narrowing his eyes at me.

I shook my head and let out a deep breath. "No, I-I didn't...I'm sorry. Everything I had rehearsed to say just..."

Klay shook his head. "Not everything gotta be rehearsed, man. Just let us know what's going on."

Steph nodded in agreement. "Yeah, is everything okay, Donte?"

I nodded my head and smiled. "Actually everything is great..."

"Everything is great?" Jordan exclaimed with a laugh as he shook his head. "This nigga is pussy whipped. Rini must've been putting shit DOWN."

"Angel put it down on you, and that's exactly why your light bright ass is about to be a daddy." Ty said. "Hush."

I laughed and shook my head. "Y'all are actually crazy."

James shook his head. "No, what's crazy is that I'm jet lagged, and Donte wanna wake niggas up at 8:30 in the morning and he still ain't told us what the issue is."

"Donte what's going on, son?" Steve asked, giving me a soft smile.

"Y'all know I love Rini...with literally everything in me..she and I have been through hell and back, and we managed to come back stronger than ever after everything that we've been through.

I love and respect her with my whole heart, soul and mind. She's my world, and God, just seeing how she is with Landon...how much she smiles and how she deals with him. I just can't imagine life without her...she lights up my entire life..."

Killian and Gary exchanged glances and then chuckled to themselves. "I think I see where this is going." Killian mumbled.

"Yeah," Gary grinned. "Me, too.."