04

SERENITY PAYTON

5 Weeks Later...
Somewhere On Klay& Maria's Yacht

It's been five weeks since the incident that happened at Landon's 1st birthday party. Five weeks since we found out about Angel being pregnant—no Jordan doesn't know—, and five weeks since we found out about Les possibly being traded to the Houston Rockets (still no decision yet).

Since all of that happened, Maria and Klay decided to lighten the mood and throw a nice little celebration for us adults to just wind down, enjoy each other's company and just have some fun.

What are we celebrating tonight?

Well, since Klay and Maria thought it was the best idea to elope, this is our way of celebrating them being newlyweds with them.

On their boat.

Jaren isn't with us; in fact I haven't spoken to him since Landon's birthday party, and even if we had solved this little issue we have at the moment, Maria doesn't like him, so he wouldn't have been invited to the celebration either way.

And since this is a no-kids zone type of celebration, all of the kids are with their grandparents—or in my case, with Mama Poole—Which gives us adults time to get loose and have genuine, possibly Rated R fun.

Just ask Asia and this damn thong bikini she got on.

My biggest challenge tonight was to not fall into the temptation that is Donte DiVincenzo, because he was looking a little too good right now.

He had on some blue shorts, the band of his boxers showing, no shirt and just his signature simple gold chain around his neck plus a few wrist bands and the Cartier bracelet we had matching.

Can I just fill this room with thank you?

You know how girls are usually ashamed of who their baby daddy is? Well, I'm nowhere close to ashamed, because that man over there? Tuh, he's fine as hell.

"How long you gon' stare at him?" Juan asked, coming up beside me with a plate of lemon pepper wings.

Quickly, I tore my gaze off of Donte and scoffed, trying to laugh it off and play it cool. "I-I'm not staring at him. Why would I be staring at him?"

"Rini, you got a little drool on your chin," Juan chuckled, motioning to my chin. "Plus, it was obvious, but don't worry, he's been staring at you on and off, too."

"Really?" I asked, trying my hardest to sound shocked and not too pressed.

Juan nodded. "Yeah," he said through a mouthful of food. "But, you know you can't get into anything with him, right?"

"Why would I try and—."

"Look, I'm not dumb, Rin," Juan said, setting his plate down.

"I know that you two still in love with each other. Y'all always will be at the end of the day because that's just y'all. But, you're with Jaren and I know you love him, too...and just because you guys aren't talking right now doesn't mean—."

"Jaren and I haven't spoken in five weeks, Juan." I blurted out.

"Holy shit," Juan said, choking on a wing. "Y'all might as well be—actually, no let me not say that and give your hardheaded ass any ideas."