021

SERENITY PAYTON

"D-Did you just say...pregnant?" I stammered, looking at Ayesha in disbelief.

Ayesha nodded her head. "Yes, have you been having any symptoms? I mean, you just threw up by smelling steak!"

"That could mean anything," I exclaimed. "I could be about to come on my period of something!"

Ayesha shook her head at me and knelt down beside me, and gave me a sad smile. "Serenity, I'm serious...I know you're probably not ready or you're trying to deny it right now, but I think you should take a test just in case."

I let out a shaky breath and tried to calm myself down as tears filled my eyes and I immediately started panicking...this cannot be happening to me right now. I just got back into the swing of things when it came to my job, I was starting my modeling camp for different ages, and I was in the middle of trying to start my business; why was this happening to me now?

If I was pregnant, I feel like it was only going to set me back and stop me from doing what I wanted and needed to do for myself and my career.

I know that I said that I wanted another child, but not at this moment...definitely not now. But at the same time, if this was meant to happen for me, then I would have to deal with it...and I'm sure I'd pull through.

Everything happens for a reason, right? But I just hoped that this wasn't the time for me right now...

"I know you're scared..." Ayesha said, "Hazel and I will go get you a test, okay? Just...just stay in here, okay?"

I nodded my head and pushed my hair out of my face and pulled my phone from out of my pocket and scrolled until I clicked Donte's name and placed the phone to my ear.

<>

DONTE DIVINCENZO

"I'm open! I'm open!" Jordan shouted on the far end of the court, holding his arms out and waving at Dray.

Dray didn't pass the ball to Jordan, but instead powered forward, working his way through and past JK and Moody only to get blocked by PBJ.

"Damn it, Dray I said I was open!" Jordan called out as we ran down the opposite direction now that Les had the ball.

"Focus, boys!" Steve shouted, smacking his clipboard against the back of his hand.

Jordan huffed in frustration and guarded Ryan, while I guarded Steph and tried to keep my eye on PBJ and Ty who were somehow besting us right now. Although this was just practice, this was embarrassing.

PBJ passed the ball to JK who passed the ball to Ty; he went up for the three and missed. Quickly, Jordan retrieved the hall and ran down the court, I matched his pace as he passed me the ball. I was immediately surrounded by Steph and Klay and paused, thinking of a way to get out of this predicament.

I glanced over at Jordan, changing my body language to make it seem as if I was going to move in Jordan's direction and faked right, causing Steph and Klay to jerk right, then broke left and powered pass Lamb, Ryan and Looney and went up for the layup, making it.

Just as I was about to go back to guarding Steph, I heard my
phone ring and automatically knew it was ringing because my ringtone for her was There Goes My Baby by Usher and instantly jogged off of the court.

"Donte! What are you doing?" Steve shouted.

I held up my finger to him and picked up my phone and placed it against my ear. "Hey, Rin. You okay?"