Chapter 2.

⎯⎯ HANNAH'S POV:

Its my thirteenth birthday! I'm finally a teenager. Today, we're going to comic con! I'm a huge marvel fan and i saved enough money to get me and my best friend Dana passes!

Her parents are driving us there. It's in Atlanta, so it's not too far. Maybe a forty five minute drive. I'm also sleeping at hers as we have to go back to comic con for the panel tomorrow.

My foster family left a few days ago and haven't come back yet, but they've left food for me which is generous. I make pancakes and jam out to this playlist I have.

I make sure the house is in pristine condition, not a thing out of place before I lock up. It's six o'clock, we need to be there before nine. So we have time.

I'm walking to Dana's house, she lives about a ten minute walk away, it's sunny outside, still a chill in the air though. I'm worried comic con will be really warm, since there will be so many people in one area. I struggle with self harm and I don't want a bunch of famous people seeing. So I plan on keeping my hoodie on.

I go to ring the doorbell but the door opens anyways.

'Happy birthdayyyy!' Dana exclaims excitedly. 'Thank you Dani, I love you.' We both jump up and down in excitement. 'I love you most! Come in, we're just eating breakfast then we'll leave!' She says as she ushers me in.

'Happy birthday beautiful!' Dana's mother Alana says. 'Thank you Ms Townsend!' I say happily. 'Happy birthday kiddo!' Dan, her father says. 'Thank you! And thank you for taking us there.' I say with a smile. 'Anytime kid! It's gonna be a great day for you.' He says.

I sit with them as they eat their breakfasts, me and Dana get upstairs and do makeup and things. I only put on eyeliner as I hate the feeling of foundation on my skin.

I would've done it myself but I hate doing it and Dana is a god at eyeliner, so i make her do it for me.

'I bet Sebastian Stan is so much more gorgeous in person.' She says, gently swiping the eyeliner tip over my waterline. 'You and Stan it's weird! I don't find any of them attractive like that.' I chuckle.

'Come on you've gotta like at least one of them.' She says as she smiles. 'I love them but I don't think of them like that.' I shrug, her laugh making me laugh.

We're all finished, we both go downstairs and meet her dad.

'Ready kids?' He says excitedly. 'As we'll ever be. Bye momma!' Dana says as she hugs her mother. 'Bye Ms Townsend, I'll see you soon.' I say as i hug her goodbye.

Me and Dana are sat in the back, singing along to our playlist.

'Set it all free' from sing comes on and we get really into it, air guitars come out and everything.

It's always been great with Dana. I met her when I was put into foster care after my adoptive parents died, which was 3 years ago. She was a real trooper, I was only 9 and she took me under her wing.

We're in the car park.

'Okay girls, best manners. Be polite. Have a wonderful time. I love you both.' He says.

'We love you too dad, see you tonight!' Dana says as she leaves. 'Thank you Mr Townsend.' I say with a smile.

We both start walking into the building. It's heaving and I'm nervous.

I hate busy places, and I'm pretty sure busy places hate me too.

I hold Dani's hand for support as we start queuing.

I get a few funny looks from people as we're stood waiting.

'Why are people staring at me?' I whisper to Dana.

'Because you look like her.' She points to scarlett johansson, with eyeliner like mine, her nose and eyes may as well have been taken off of my face.

I look to where she's pointing and make direct eye contact with Elizabeth and Scarlett, who both quickly look away once I see them.

'We've talked about this no i don't.' I sigh, my cheeks flushing a shade of pink.

'You do, it's kinda freaky.' She giggles.