Chapter 4.

⎯⎯ HANNAH'S POV:

We're walking to a coffee shop in the comic con place. Me and Dana are chatting, scarlett is stood next to me.

'Where else have you lived then hannah?' Elizabeth asks.

'London until i was six, then LA and now we're back in Atlanta.' I explain. 'Woah that's a lot of places.' Scarlett says. 'Yeah. I'm always moving.' I say.

'Do you enjoy it?' Scarlett asks. 'No. I hate it. I want to stay in one place and one place only. I feel like moving too much can start messing with you.' I ramble. 'That's true, I'd hate to move a lot.' Elizabeth agrees.

We get to the coffee shop, RDJ, Paul and Renner are in there too.

'Hey! Mini scarjo!' RDJ shouts as he walks over. 'Doesn't scarlett hate being called that?' I ask Elizabeth. 'Yeah, he knows it annoys her.' She shrugs.

'What's up kid? Did you get the photo?' RDJ asks. 'She didn't, she's a scaredy-cat.' Dana says. 'Okay, 1. You're supposed to defend me. 2. We started talking about random stuff.' I chuckle.

'I'm going to get that photo one day. What's your name kiddo?' Robert asks. 'Hannah. You can abbreviate it or whatever if you like.' I shrug.

'What's the rest of your name?' Renner asks. 'Hannah Ingrid Fern.' I say. He looks shocked, so do Paul and Renner.

I furrow my eyebrows at their reaction. 'You've just got scarlett's middle name is all.' Paul explains their shock. 'Yeah her name is scarlett Ingrid johansson.' Renner elaborates. 'As if it couldn't get any weirder.' I shrug.

'Okay kids what do you want?' Chris says. 'Can I get a tuna sandwich and a water?' Dana asks.

'Yep! And you?' He looks over to me.
'Just a water please.' I ask with a half smile.
'You sure you don't want food?' He says.
'Yeah.' I'm honestly just kinda uncomfortable.

I go back to pinching myself, just staring down in thought.

'You okay?' Elizabeth asks softly. 'Yeah I am.' I smile politely. 'If you're sure.' She says with an unconvinced smile.

I go back to flicking my hair tie and pinching myself. Discreetly, just under my sleeve. No one would notice if they weren't trained.

'Kids you can go sit in the corner with the boys, we'll be over in a second.' Chris says.

We both walk over.

'Are we stuck with you like we're stuck with scarjo?' Mackie jokes. 'I'm afraid so.' I chuckle.

We sit and converse with them, well i watch dana talk to them. Rob tries to involve me but is only asking questions i can answer with shrugs and nods, thankfully.

Scarlett comes back with lizzie and chris. I hear her huff at chris sitting next to me which confuses me... so she sits with lizzie on the opposite side of dana.

'So what'd you get for your birthday?' Chris asks, and before i can answer...

'It's your birthday?' Robert says shocked. 'I'm thirteen today, it's my thirteenth birthday.' I elaborate.

They all happily wish me a happy birthday... but i don't miss their side eyes and their looks at each other.

'Okay here's the food, I got you a brownie anyways Hannah.' Elizabeth announces, finally passing out the food. 'Oh thank you, I love brownies.' I smile. 'Why do you love them?' Renner asks. 'My mom used to make them with me.' I smile. 'That's sweet.' Scarlett smiles.

She's been staring at me for a while, I can feel her gaze on me. I wonder why she's so interested in me. I'm really not that great.

'Whose your favourite superhero kids?' Renner asks. 'Are you all going to get mad when we say who it is?' Dana asks, smirking and raising her eyebrows. 'Noo. We would never do that!' Mackie says, i don't know if he's joking or not.

'Mines Bucky.' Dana shrugs.

'Mines Natasha and Wanda.' I smile as I think about Natasha.

'Why do you like Natasha? She's so lame.' Robert says. 'Because even with no powers she could still kick your asses.' I giggle.

'She's got a point Downey.' Renner says.

'Disappointed.' Downey sighs dramatically.

'If it makes you feel better I love iron man two and watch it like every day?' I say trying to find a silver lining. 'Atta girl.' He says with a smile.

I smile back at him and eat my brownie as they all talk about random stuff.

'Where are you girls staying tonight?' Scarlett asks. 'Oh we're going back to Dana's. Then coming back tomorrow.' I explain. 'Oh right.' She look's disappointed.

'Are you not going home hannah?' Elizabeth asks. 'Nope, foster parents left a few days ago and haven't come back since so I'm staying at Dana's tonight and I'll probably be at home alone for the rest of the week.' I explain.

'Surely they can't just leave you?' Scarlett says shocked. 'They can, they do it all the time. I don't mind being alone at home though.' I shrug. 'That's awful.' I hear scarlett mutter.

'What were your adoptive parents names?' Elizabeth asks. 'Liliana and Joshua Fern.' I smile.

'What were they like?' Scarlett asks. 'They were amazing. Momma would stay and make brownies with me or sing to me. And josh took me out for dad and daughter dinner dates, we would photobomb tourists photos too. He took me shopping every weekend.' I smile as I reminisce.

'What did she sing to you?' Scarlett asks, she looks sad. 'The moon song, that one Taylor song 'don't you ever grow up' and other nursery rhymes or sweet songs.' I say.

'I sung that song for a movie once.' Scarlett smiles.

'I know.' I smile.

We all continue conversing random topics, the boys have left now and it's just me, Dana, Florence, Elizabeth and Scarlett.