Chapter 5.

⎯⎯ SCARLETT'S POV:

Her foster parents are horrible. They've left her alone and she doesn't know for how long. I'm going to tell her that i think she's my daughter. This is kinda impulsive i know but if i can have her back i'm taking every chance i get.

It's nearly three o'clock, we're walking to the hotel room so we can sort some stuff out.

'Hannah, can i talk to you alone?' I ask her, she nods and comes over. 'Here we'll sit in the car.' I usher her to the car.

We both sit down and turn to face each other.

'When I had just turned twenty,I fell pregnant. I wasn't stable enough to keep my baby so I gave her away...' I started.

'Oh I'm sorry scarlett, it must have been hard for you to do that, but you made a smart choice.' She comforts maturely.

'It was hard, I regretted it everyday. They sent me photos of her every month, how she was doing, what they were up to, until she was four. They stopped on the first of September. Her first day back to school.' I continue.

'I baked her brownies, I watched shows with her, a favourite was Winnie the Pooh. I left her a letter and a photo of me.'

'What was her name?' She asks me.

I don't know if I should say it or not. Maybe this is a bad idea- 'Hannah Ingrid johansson...' I blurt out.

I go into my purse and show her the photos her parents had sent me up until she was four.

'You're my mom? You're my real mother?' She asks, she's teary eyed.

I nod. 'I can even try get DNA tests.'  'Can we do DNA tests so we know for a fact?' She asks. 'Yeah of course.' I agree with a sad smile.

'So this whole day, all the shocked faces were all because I was your daughter. Everyone knew?' She says. 'Yeah... sorry honey.' I smile apologetically.

She sighs and sits back a bit.

'Well even if I am your real daughter why would it matter? Don't you have other kids and you're like famous? You're not going to take me back.' She shrugs. 'I don't have other kids. And I will take you back. If you wanted me to.' I say truthfully.

She's silent.

'We should get back to Dana and Elizabeth, her dad is coming at five.' She changes the topic, breaking the moment long silence,

'Here, this is my number. If you stay here tonight I can have DNA tests done by tomorrow night.' I say.

'Okay. But I have no where to stay.' She sighs. 'Stay with me. I can book you a hotel room or you can stay with me and Lizzie, you'll have to share a bed though.'

'I'll stay with you. I don't like being alone.' She admits quietly. Even after telling us she didn't mind it earlier.

'Okay, let's go up to the room then.' I smile as we both leave the car.

We get to the hotel room and i catch Lizzie up, she tells Dana too.

⎯⎯ HANNAH'S POV:

'Holy shit your mom is the Scarlett Johansson?!' Dana exclaims softly.

'Looks that way.' I mumble. 'That's awesome. How do you feel?' Dana asks.
'I don't know. Ever since I got taken in by my fosters, I've hated my birth mom for making me have to deal with foster care.' I sigh frustratedly.

'I know, maybe this way you can have some closure, if she takes you back then you won't even have to deal with foster care and you'll have your mom back.' Dana says, pointing out a silver lining.