Chapter 17.

⎯⎯ HANNAH'S POV:

It's been a couple of weeks now and it's nearly September, which means school.

Mom and lizzie have started working again, they're not filming yet but they're on set most days, the twins try come see me a lot but i'm home alone when my mom and lizzie can't make it home until dinner time. Which is a surprise considering lizzie hates leaving me alone. I think scarlett just tells her i'll be fine or something.

It's Thursday the sixteenth of august, the twins are busy today which means i'm alone, which also means freedom. I decide to catch a bus into the city. I was told i wasn't allowed to leave however, i think it'll be fine.

I sit down on the bus, window seat as usual. I watched Kodachrome a few days ago, so i'm listening to the movies soundtrack. It's a good soundtrack which is surprising, most movies use pop songs.

I get off in the city, sunglasses, hair tucked into my jumper and a beanie, it's still relatively warm so i'm melting but it's okay.

I go to Starbucks first, grabbing my usual which is an Oreo milkshake, i decide to eat in, i brought my laptop and my phone. Yes, scarlett got me a laptop, for school. I like writing too, so it was handy, my thumbs cramp up when i write on my phone.

'Order for Ingrid?' The lady shouts. I get up and thank her, giving her a tip. Mom and lizzie have been stressed. They've been arguing when they get home and i've met Cobie, scarlett's girlfriend in the movie they're filming, she's really nice.

My phone rings, it's lizzie. She'll go batshit if she knows where i am. I end the call and i message her instead.

Me:
Can't talk in shower! what's up?

lizzie <3.
Just wanted to see how you were, what do you want for dinner?

Me:
anything works!

lizzie <3.
okay. i'll let you know. i love you so much.

Me:
i love you so much more. have fun at work.

To be honest, i'm struggling a lot, my mental health just seems to be stuck in this loop of depression and then being happy and restless for a few days then just depression again.

I don't really know what to do, i'm having nightmares again and i don't want to be alone. I know they'll always come back to me, come home, unlike my foster parents, but i'm still just so alone all the time, even when they are here they just argue or everyone's silent.

I finish up at Starbucks and it's three o'clock. I've been here for two hours and didn't even realise. I need to be home by five so i'll just get the bus back now.

I wait at the stop and the next bus is in ten minutes, so hopefully no paparazzi. My mom told the media about me and the paparazzi has calmed down when they see us walking around but i'm still paranoid all the time.

The bus comes and i get on, window seat at the back. I hate sitting at the front i feel like everyone's watching me all the time and it creeps me out.

There's a group of kids that look my age sat on the rows next to me, they're just having fun joking around.

'I mean, even that kid probably thinks it.' One of the boys shrugs. 'Shut up joey.' The girl huffs.

'Hey you, do you think her hair is a little too close to being an emo cut?' Another boy asks me. 'Hmm... i just think it's the bangs. Cut a little more of them off and you'd be fine.' I shrug. 'Told you.' Another one of the girls says.