Chapter 8.

⎯⎯ HANNAH'S POV:

Lizzie is driving. We pull out of the parking lot without hitting any paps, surprisingly.

'You can connect your phone to the car if you like?' Lizzie offers. 'Okay, thank you.' I smile, and connect to the Bluetooth.

I just let my playlist shuffle, I'm looking out the window, enjoying the scenery.

'You listen to this song?!' Scarlett exclaims with a smile on her face. 'What song?' I ask confused. 'I don't know what to do!' She answers. 'Oh yeah I do it's one of my favourites.' I smile.

We talk about every song that comes on, she likes most of them too. Her and Lizzie are having a little karaoke session in the front, i don't join in, i just laugh at them.

We finally get to the clinic, it's very modern, looks like a dentists office.

'Are you sure you want to do this?' Scarlett asks me. I nod. 'What's the worst that can happen?' I mumble to myself as I get out the car.

We all walk in and she shows them an appointment card, they show us to the waiting room. We wait for ten minutes before the nurse comes through, they take scarlett first.

I get taken in before she comes back, i don't want to be alone for it, it seems terrifying.

'Lizzie can you come with me?' I whisper with an apprehensive smile. 'Of course I can. I'll let scarlett know where we are.' She smiles.

We both get taken in. They sit me on a chair and talk me through the process.
They're going to take my blood and swab inside my cheek. They roll up my sleeve, which just so happens to be the bad sleeve, i can't seem to catch a break recently.

I look to Lizzie, I must look terrified because she shifts forwards slightly, holding my hand as they insert the needle into my arm. She kisses my head and strokes my cheek. They take four tubes. Which I think is a bit excessive but whatever. Then they swab both sides of my cheek.

'Okay, results will be in tomorrow, we'll email you.' The Dr announces.

We both thank him, I don't know why because all he did was steal my blood but okay. We meet scarlett outside. I'm still holding lizzies hand and i give scarlett a hug before we leave. We decide to get chick-fil-a for dinner tonight and we drive back to the hotel.

'My arm hurts Lizzie. I don't like it.' I complain softly. 'It will do honey, i'd be worried if it didn't.' She says as she ruffles my hair. 'I just brushed my hair man.' I sigh. She just shrugs and pulls a funny face. 'Wanna have a movie night?' Scarlett asks with a smile and everyone agrees.

Everyone gets changed and we're all tucked up in bed, Lizzie is in our bed right now so she feels less alone, I'm in the middle. We watch murder mystery. I'm laying on my side, curled over slightly so I can see the TV.

⎯⎯ SCARLETT'S POV:

We're halfway through the movie when hannah falls asleep.

'Is she asleep?' Lizzie whispers.

I nod with a smile.

'What do you think of all this?' She asks me.

'I'm happy. Really happy. I've never regretted anything more than I have when I gave her up, and I'm glad to have her back, if she wants it, plus I want her out of that foster house.' I say smiling.

'Good. I'm happy for you, hopefully this goes well tomorrow.' She replies. 'Thank you.' She shoots me another little smile and we both go back to watching the TV.