chapter 19.

⎯⎯ SCARLETT'S POV:

I've just woken up, 10:34am. Shit! I'm late for work.

I sit up, a headache instantly kicking in, im dazed and a little confused, until i unlock my phone and it opens on messages to Ashley and i groan as it floods back to me.

I don't remember all the little details, i was really drunk. I remember the glass smashing and hurting lizzies hand, me and lizzie screaming at each other then the twins coming.

I get up and go downstairs. Lizzie is sat at the kitchen island.

'Lizzie we've royally fucked up.' I sigh. 'Yep. Yes we have.' She says.

'What about work?' I ask as i start rushing. 'I've called in for us both.' She answers. I nod. Walking back to the island.

'What did i say?' I sit down and prepare to feel shitty about myself. 'I called you around nine, cobie answered your phone. That was mistake number one. Mistake number two was me and you screaming at each other. Mistake number three, you rushing to hannah's room to apologise to her when you realised she knew what was going on between us.

'Jesus fucking christ.' I rub the back of my neck anxiously. 'Lizzie, i promise you, I'm not cheating with cobie. She is literally just a friend. You can go through my emails my phone everything, i promise that she's just a friend.' I explain.

'Why do you insist on going out with her all the time?' Lizzie sounds hurt, and i know she'll be upset that han left, she probably won't have slept knowing she wasn't safe in her room. 'I don't know. I'm sorry.' I say sincerely.

'We've got a lot to say to hannah and the twins will be giving us an ear full.' She sighs. 'I know.' I raise an eyebrow lightheartedly.

'I believe you're not cheating, and i'm sorry for accusing you. But please just spend time with us. Please stop blowing us off.' Lizzie pleads. 'I will, i'm so sorry lizzie.' I apologise.

'Heard anything from hannah?' She asks as she puts her cup in the sink. 'Nope. We probably won't either.' I sigh.

'How do you think she is?' Lizzie asks apprehensively. 'Probably not great, she needs to eat, she didn't have anything last night.' I say.

⎯⎯ ASHLEY'S POV:

Me and MK woke at eight. Hannah was still fast asleep so we just stayed in bed with her until she awoke.

'How do you think she'll be today?' MK asks softly, playing with our nieces hair. 'Probably the same if not a little worse than yesterday.' I smile sadly.

'I love lizzie, so much. But this is ridiculous.' MK sighs. I hum in agreement. Hannah is like our own daughter, and i won't stand for my sister treating her like this whatsoever.

We sit in silence for about thirty more minutes until han starts stirring.

'She awake?' MK asks. 'No not yet.' I furrow my eyebrows confused.

She shakes her head and practically pouts, a small whine coming from her mouth.

'Hannah? Honey are you awake?' MK says softly as she strokes her face. 'Ash why is she crying?' MK asks concerned. 'Nightmare, wake her up.' I say, starting to wake her immediately. It takes a little bit but eventually she wakes up with a gasp, she pushes us both away and looks around until she knows where we are.

'It's me it's Ashley, that's Katie. You're with us remember?' I say softly.

She releases a breath that she had been holding in, hugging me immediately, breaking down into tears.