Chapter 24.

⎯⎯ HANNAH'S POV:

My eyes open, i go to sit up but i'm being held down. I turn around and see Lizzie behind me, sleeping peacefully, her arm nevertheless wrapped tightly around me. Scarlett is sleeping still too.

I turn over carefully in Lizzie's arms, so that we are front to front. I nestle my head under her chin, cuddled into her chest. She sleepily places a few kisses on the top of my head, making me smile.

It's been about half an hour, i'm still basking in the warmth of Lizzie, taking every second in as if she'd disappear, holding onto her shirt tightly, i feel scarlett sit up, indicating that she's awake. I lift up my head, turning it to the right.

'Mommy?' I call out quietly. 'Morning baby.' She says drowsily. 'Morning mama.' I smile and she places delicate kisses all over my face.

'She still asleep?' Mom asks. 'Yeah she is.' I smile and nestle back into her chest.

I fall back asleep as i listen to Lizzie's heartbeat, when i wake, the room is brighter, the morning sun peaking through the blinds in my room. The smell of coffee rings through the room and i hear scarlett and lizzie talking quietly, i decide i don't want to be awake anymore so i snuggle closer to lizzie, gripping onto her shirt tightly, pulling myself closer to her.

'Baby are you awake?' Lizzie hums quietly, her voice makes me smile. 'No.' I reply, still groggy with sleep.

Lizzie chuckles quietly. 'Okay when are you going to be awake?' Lizzie changes the question.

'Hmm... next week.' It's the first thing that pops into mind. 'That's an awfully long sleep honey. Don't think you would sleep for a good few days after that.' Scarlett chimes in. 'I think i could still sleep afterwards.' I shrug, Lizzie goes to release her grip on me but i complain.

'Nooo.' I whine, trying to stop her pulling away as best as i can. 'Okay, okay i'm sorry.' Lizzie smiles, she lays back down and kisses my temple.

I smile and snuggle back up into her, letting my eyes close as her and Scarlett talk.

'Baby i'm going to have to sit up, my neck hurts.' Lizzie says to me. I pout, biggest puppy eyes on, hoping to change her mind. 'I won't go far silly, here let me sit up against the headboard.' She props up the pillows so that they're against the headboard, she sits back against them.

'Okay now c'mere.' She pats her lap, so i sit on her lap and lay down my head.

'Happy?' She chuckles as i get comfy. 'Yep.' I smile, pulling the cover over us both. I stretch out my legs and lay on her, listening to her heartbeat steadily. I feel my eyes grow heavy again as i count the beats. I don't mean to count the beats, its like how people say 'count sheep to fall asleep!' But i didn't think that actually worked. I allow my eyes to close, wrapping my arms around lizzie tighter.

It's Friday today and lizzie's parents are having a barbecue, which is terrifying. I'm scared to meet them.

Lizzie starts playing with my hair, stroking the top of my head and playing with the ends of my hair, not helping my sleepiness at all.

'You two do know we have to go somewhere today at some point right?' Scarlett jokes, chuckling as she watches mine and Lizzie's state.

'Shhh, no we don't.' I say quietly. 'We do baby.' Scar smiles. I lift my head to look at Lizzie. 'Just ignore her. She's not sure what she's talking about.' Lizzie says jokingly, i rest my head back down.

I try get closer to lizzie, i just don't feel close enough, i still feel like i'm so far away from her. I huff as i scoot further up her body, my head now nestled in the crook of her neck.