Chapter 32.

⎯⎯ SCARLETT'S POV:

I awoke happily, smiling as i look down to my girl on my chest. She really does find comfort in the skin on skin stuff, maybe it's because she didn't have it as a baby.

I'm going to try and contact Colin today, but besides that i plan on taking her to the beach! I'm excited, i haven't been to the beach in a while and neither has she.

Lizzie wakes a little later, I'm trailing my finger up and down hannah's back, watching her as little snores fall from her parted lips.

'Mmh, hi.' Lizzie smiles and kisses me.
'Morning honey.' I smile to her.

I hum songs a little when i think hannah will wake, wanting to keep her asleep as long as possible.

Hannah is on her side, her back facing me now, her hand resting on Liz's arm. I spoon her as she sleeps, basking in the comfort of the moment.

'I'm going to call Colin today.' I say to Lizzie. 'Okay, how do you feel about that?' She asks. 'I'm okay with it, it's not me i'm worried about.' I smile slightly and kiss Hannah's head. 'She'll be okay. No matter what happens.' Lizzie smiles. 'I know. But i don't want anything bad to happen to her.' I say, resting my head by hers.

She hums and hannah stirs again, laying on her back and facing me, her eyes fluttering a little as she opens them, rubbing them instantly.

'Morning little love.' I coo as i rake my fingers through her messy hair. She hums and cuddles into me again, making me smile.

'What do you say, about going to the beach today?' I ask and she smiles. 'That'll be fun.' She grins. 'Okay good.' I share the same smile with her and i continue to soothe her.

After about half an hour of internal debating, i decide to call Colin. Last time i checked he was in New York too, so he should be awake considering it's ten.

'Baby can you lay with mama for a little? I have to do some work.' I frown. 'Okay, have fun mommy.' She hugs me one last time, wrapping her arms around me and turns to her mama, laying on her chest instead.

Lizzie smiles comfortingly, knowing i'm going to call Colin.

I walk down the hall, hearing her and Lizzie giggle as i walk down the stairs and i greet the twins as they sit in the living room.

'Morning girls.' I smile. 'Morning scar.' They greet me.

'I'm going to call Colin. Hannah doesn't know yet. I'm only telling her if he'll meet her.' I say nervously. 'Good idea, don't get her hopes up. Good luck scarlett.' MK smiles and i disappear into my office, closing the door behind me.

I dial his last known number, hoping it's the same. I hold the phone to my ear and tap my desk nervously.

'Hello?' He says confused.

'Hey, Colin it's scarlett.'

'Scarlett! Hey, how are you doing?' He asks, half happy and half shocked.

'I'm okay. I'm sorry to bother you, but this will be a slightly heavy conversation so i can call you later if you're not free.' I warn in advance.

'No it's okay i'm free, i'm just watching the news at home.'

'Okay, i need to talk to you about Hannah.' I say.

'Our daughter?' The thought makes me cringe, she's mine and elizabeth's but that's not relevant right now. I hear him pause the TV and sit down.

'Yeah...'

I tell him the story, how i took her in again, how me and her met and how she's doing, he cries a little.