Chapter 6.

⚠️ TRIGGER WARNING:
• self harm mentions <3

⎯⎯ SCARLETT'S POV:

My eyes flutter open, it's almost five o'clock, im awake fifteen minutes before my alarm. I remember I'm in a hotel room, my body feels unusually heavy.

I look down to see the sleeping girl on my chest, it's my girl.

I stroke her hair gently, hoping she doesn't wake up. I look over to Elizabeth to see she's on her phone. Instead of moving or talking, I message her instead.

Me
Good morning.

Lizard:
You're awake early.

Me.
Unfortunately, look over, hannah is on my chest.

Lizard.
I know, she's been like that for a while, she took her jumper off in her sleep as i expected.

Me
How long have you been awake?

Lizard.
Since four, couldn't get back to sleep.

I feel a shift on my torso, she's stirring.
She moves over, so she's hugging my arm with her back against my side.

Me:
Looks like I only have one arm now.

Lizard:
Don't act as if you don't like it.

Me
Shut up.

I put my phone down and turn onto my side, so I'm spooning my sleeping daughter. I stroke her hair gently. I must drift off because my alarm goes off. I shut it off and realise I'm still being hugged. So I lay a little longer, Lizzie goes and gets ready. She turns on the bedside lamps and the ones in the room, avoiding the main light so that hannah doesn't wake up and instantly be blinded.

Half an hour later han let's my arm go, so i go get ready.

At six, she starts waking up.

'Morning sleepyhead.' Lizzie smiles as han rubs her eyes. She just sighs and turns into the pillow. 'You are not a morning person. It's okay, neither is scarlett.' Lizzie jokes. 'Rude.' I shout from the bathroom.

I finish my makeup and go to wake hannah.

'Honey you gotta get up.' I say as i start rubbing her back, she sighs and rubs her eyes once more, stretching her legs before she finally sits up.

'Hii!' I coo as I sit next to her. 'Where's my jumper gone?' She asks sleepily.

'Lizzie folded it up, it's on the sofa. You took it off in your sleep.' I answer with a small smile.

'Okay. Do either of you have a cleanser I can borrow?' She sighs. 'I do, I have my outset one.' I offer.

'I use that one at home so my skin won't be funny about using a different one.' She says as she goes to pick up her phone.

'You use The Outset?' I smile as i question her. 'Just the cleanser, moisturiser and travel bag I've been saving so I haven't been able to buy new stuff for a while.' She says.

'What have you been saving for?' Elizabeth asks. 'These tickets, food money and money for when i leave the system.' She replies.

'You have to buy your own food?' Lizzie asks shocked. She nods. 'They leave for weeks at a time sometimes, usually taking most food with them.' She murmurs. 'That's ridiculous.' I furrow my eyebrows.

'They leave me fifty bucks for every week they're gone, I spend it on food, then any extra goes to savings.' She elaborates.

'You're mature about it, i have spending issues.' Lizzie shrugs. 'She does. She can't stop shopping. Like she does it all the time.' I joke.