Chapter 23.

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️
SA

⎯⎯ SCARLETT'S POV:

I open my eyes, feeling a light sensation on my legs. It's hannah kicking every so often.
Her eyebrows furrowed, tossing and turning. She's mumbling in her sleep and i realise she's having a nightmare again.

'Han wake up.' I say quickly.

'No, no get off me.' She's starting to cry, and my heart is breaking. I hold her against me tightly, compressing her arms so she can't hit me. 'Hannah wake up.' I say louder, closer to her ear.

'Please don't do this to me.' She sobs. 'Hannah!' I shout. 'Han come on wake up for mom.' I plead louder.

'I want my mommy, i want my momma.' She cries out quietly.

'Mommy's here, I'm right here. Open your eyes baby.' I say, my heart filled with hurt as she continues to try fight, the door opens and it's Lizzie.

'Lizzie she won't wake up, she's having a nightmare.' I say desperately, she rushes to my side. 'Baby wake up, come on.' Lizzie raises her voice.

'I want my mommy.' She pleads quietly. She moves her hand down to hold the waistband of her trousers.

'Why is she holding her trousers up?' I ask horrified, already knowing the answer, Liz looks at me, shocked, as the girl tries to keep her self safe.

Shes starting to panic, me and Lizzie sit her up, she's in between my legs with her head rested back on my shoulder.

'Hannah wake up please, wake up for mommy.' I say right by her ear and she jolts up, gasping for air.

'It's okay, it's okay baby you're safe, you're safe.' I try comfort her as lizzie turns on the light.

She lets out a sigh of relief, starting to sob again. 'Mommy.' She breathes out. Instantly turning around and instantly hugs me,

'It's okay. I've got you, mommy's got you.' I whisper as she cries in my arms.

Lizzie comes and sits back with us, brushing her hair out of her face. Her forehead covered in sweat. I feel her play with my hair as she straddles my lap, crying into my shoulder.

'You're going to make yourself sick darling.' Lizzie says softly and Hannah takes a deep breath in, drying her eyes on her sleeves, her sobs turning into sniffles and hiccups.

'There we go baby.' I sigh with relief as she calms down.

'What happened baby?' Lizzie asks quietly.
She shakes her head. 'Honey you've gotta tell us, you've gotta get it out of you. We won't judge you, we aren't going to hate you or find you disgusting. But it's eating you alive.' Lizzie whispers.

Hannah sits up, turning around so she's facing lizzie.

'Remember when... i told you about my foster dad?' She hiccups and sniffles. 'Yeah, yeah we remember.' Lizzie says softly.

She proceeds to explain everything that he did, and it's a lot. You can tell she feels visibly better once it's off her chest. But wow i felt sick after hearing what she said he did.

'Oh my god... oh my god.' Lizzie exclaims quietly.

'It happened all the time. I confronted him
and he said, 'You didn't say no, you didn't say anything. You were asking for it.' So i just let him.' She dryly chuckles.

'No, no that's not your fault, you didn't say yes, anything less than a yes is a no.' I say, hoping she realises that she didn't ask for that. She didn't say yes, she was only a child, she still is a child.