Chapter 20.

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️
throwing up
SH mentions

⎯⎯ ASHLEY'S POV:

We pulled up at home, Hannah still quiet, she jumps out the car and we walk into the house, she goes straight upstairs.

'You reckon she's okay?' MK asks nervously.
I hum as i think. 'I don't know. Dinner is soon, I'm sure we will see then.' I sigh as i place my keys down and walk into the kitchen.

'That went better than expected anyways, i expected a more heated argument. I wish it didn't take hannah leaving for them to realise what they were doing.' MK sighs frustratedly. 'It's infuriating. They bicker like children on the play ground, and expect no consequences.' I rant.

'As long as they change their ways for her i don't care, but like i've said, i won't have her be in another broken home. Even if the home is my sisters.' MK says sternly, i don't know why this situation has riled MK up so much, but it has hit a nerve and she probably won't drop it for the next ten years, she's relentless like that, but it's all for hannah, she loves that kid.

'I agree, here why don't you go and ask her what she wants for dinner?' I ask with a small smile.

MK happily trots off to hannah's room.

⎯⎯ MK'S POV:

'Knock knock!' I say as i simultaneously knock on Hannah's door. 'You can come in MK.' She chuckles.

'Hey baby! Whatcha doing?' I ask as i sit next to her. 'Nothing. You?' She asks, turning her attention on to me. 'I am asking you, what you'd like for dinner.' I say with a smile.

'I'm not really hungry katie.' She frowns. 'I think you are, why don't we go get drive thru?' I try persuade her.

'I just feel kinda sickly, i don't really want anything.' She says. 'Why do you feel sick?' I question apprehensively. 'I don't know. My stomach hurts and it just doesn't feel good.' She whines.

'What type of hurt is it?' I question further, wondering if it's period pain or maybe just anxiety. 'Sometimes it feels like when you get a cramp in your leg, but then sometimes it can feel like when you get really worried or sad.' She explains.

'Where does it hurt, lay down for me, flat on your back.' I say softly. She swipes her hand across the entirety of her lower stomach.

'Can i press down?' I ask and she nods.
'It cramps up in the corner of my right hip.' She says and i press down.

She winces in pain and i let go, apologising.

'How long has it been hurting honey?' I ask.
'Hmm maybe about a week, I'm sure it's nothing.' She shrugs. 'Let me know if it gets worse okay sweetheart?' I ask.

She nods and smiles.

'Can you please try something for me though?' I plead. 'But i'm not hungry. Even the thought of eating makes me feel sick, like nauseous sick.' She complains.

'When was the last time you had a full meal? Like a full dinner or lunch, and you finished it all?' I ask. 'Maybe two weeks ago?' She shrugs. 'It's not a big deal Katie.' She murmurs.

'I think your stomach is hurting because you're not eating baby.' I tilt my head. She shakes her head. 'I'm not hungry, genuinely.' She says.

'Have you been tired recently?' I ask. 'Yeah, but isn't everyone?' She chuckles lightheartedly.

'How tired? Are you sleeping okay?' I press again. 'Im so tired i could probably sleep more than like fifteen hours.' She shrugs.

'Do your limbs hurt?' I ask. 'My legs get tired easily?' She furrows her eyebrows confused.