ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ

-ˋˏ ༻ ✿ ༺ ˎˊ- 『ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ』 -ˋˏ ༻ ✿ ༺ ˎˊ-❝ 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘪𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘭

❝ 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘪𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘭. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘦. ❞

⊱ ────── {.⋅ 📷⋅.} ────── ⊰

Third Person POV

Adam Raines was never a cruel person. That thought was cemented when James, Victoria and Laurent came into his life. James was ruthless and had no remorse or empathy for anyone. Being vampires made everything or everyone prey in their eyes. They thought they were better and the superior species. Victoria was just as bad if not worse. She came up with games to play with their victims more often to appease her mate. The only one that Adam thought could use a second chance was Laurent.

"Come on, we have to lead the humans away from us." James ordered the group

Adam wanted to scream. They wouldn't have to lead the humans away if we were more careful. Or didn't drink and kill human beings he wanted to say. Laurent could see the hatred in the younger man's eyes and lead Adam ahead of James, so the brunette didn't end up dead.  Laurent didn't seem like a good person, but compared to James and Victoria he looked like the Pope. Everyday sent Adam more on edge and then everything came to a head when he heard a bat crack over the thunder.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ 📷⋅.} ────── ⊰

Henley's POV

"Liv I shouldn't even let that boy in the door. He made Henley cry!" Zak argued.

"Zak it wasn't that big of a deal. I'm a big girl and I can handle myself." I responded.

"I'm your big brother and I'm allowed to worry about whether someone is treating you right or not." He explained.

"Yes and I love you for that, but it wasn't just his fault. I'm partly to blame too." I said

"Aww look at you being all mature." Liv interrupted to keep us from fighting.

Before any of us continued, the doorbell rang. I was about to get up to answer it, but Zak beat me to the punch. He stood in the doorway blocking me from seeing who I knew was Emmett. I could hear him greet Zak, but that was it. Turning to look at Liv I gave her a look to get her to do something.

"Hi Emmett, how are you doing honey?' Liv greeted him, nudging Zak out of the way.

"I'm okay Liv, how are you?" Emmett answered.

"I'm doing good, sweetie. Come on in." Liv suggested.

It was like the tension filled the room in a millisecond that it took for our eyes to meet. Neither of us said a word and it was obvious to everyone in the room that there was more going on than what was being said.