_-*Chapter 2*-_

Tendou POV

****************************************************************************************************

"Ughhh, Hinata, this is so boring," I groaned, following my brother through the kelp forests, "I told you that we're not going to find a shark nursery here. But the sharks might find US first."

"C'mon Tendou," He begged, pulling my arm harder, "I wanna see a baby shark."

"Go ask your boyfriend, the knight guy with the scowl," I rolled my eyes as Hinata protested.

"He's NOT my boyfriend," He mumbled, weaving through the kelp and pulling me behind him.

"Right, and sharks are herbivores," I replied sarcastically. Suddenly, Hinata stopped and I bumped into him, "Ow, bro-"

"SHH," He hissed, putting a finger to his lips before turning back to peer through the green tendrils.

"Ugh, what now?" I mumbled and swam up beside him. As I peered through the kelp, my eyes widened in surprise, there, right in front of us, swam a dozen baby sharks. It was scary, obviously, but also oddly beautiful. It's like a Portuguese Man-O-War, the size is absolutely terrifying, but the smooth way it glides through the water is glorious. Wyndorrific.

"We're not gonna find a nursery," Hinata mocked me and I stuck out my tongue. We watched for a few minutes in silence as the baby sharks, or pups, swam around and bump into each other.

Then something hit me, "Uh, Hinata," I tugged his arm and he shrugged me off, still intent on observing the sharks, "HINATA," I tried again and this time he listened.

"What?" He asked, irked.

"If there are babies here," I started glancing around, "Where are the moms?"

"Shoot."

"Can we go?"

"Yeaaaah."

We turned to swim and suddenly came face to face with a much MUCH larger shark.

"Oh shit," I smiled nervously and waved a hand, "Hi, we were just leaving so uh, nice meeting you?" The shark didn't seem to care for my greeting because it bared its teeth and shot forward at us.

"Look out!" Hinata shouted, dragging me out of the shark's range at the last second, "Let's get out of here-"

"Lovely idea, brother," I agreed and we swam as if our lives depended on it.

By the time we arrived at the safe coral reef that surrounded our underwater kingdom, we were both out of breath but in one piece.

"You have horrible ideas," I told Hinata, gasping for breath, my gills flaring with each inhale I took.

"You agreed," Hinata pointed out, panting as well.

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes again as we swam through the gates, the guards nodding their heads at us.

"For the record, next time we are bringing your not-boyfriend with us. At least he can protect us," I smirked, "or die trying."

"NO!" Hinata punched my arm as I chuckled.

♡♛♕♛♡

"Satori." My father frowned at me, anger rising in his voice, "How often must I tell you to not leave the castle grounds? And to bring your younger brother with you too? Disappointing."

I lowered my head in shame as Hinata tried to speak up for me, "But father, I dragged him along with me. He didn't want me to get hur-"

"Nonsense, if he knew any better he would've dissuaded you from even venturing out," He turned to me, "Why can't you be more like Tooru?!" He gestured to my brother standing by his side, "He's already married—and to the captain of the guards no less."

Oikawa's face turned to shock, "Father! Don't say that!"

"No, it's fine, Kawa," I smiled painfully, "I should have my life together by now."

My father hmphed as he leaned back on his throne, "You are dismissed."

I bowed my head and turned and left quickly.

I hurriedly left the throne room before anyone could follow or call after me.

I wanted to be alone at the moment. And there's only one place where I can escape to. 

***********************************************************************************************

What motivates you to work your hardest?