_-*Chapter 6*-_

Tendou POV

****************************************************************************************************

As I neared the end of my song, I noticed a light bobbing toward us. I strained my eyes to make out what it was. As it neared, I saw the shadow holding the light form the shape of a hunched man.

After this realization, I scurried into the water and hid behind the rocks not too far from the shore.

As the old man approached, he took notice of the prince and rushed to his side. He placed his ear on the prince's chest and then his fingers on the prince's neck. I narrowed my eyes, wondering if this man was a threat or not. But then, the old man called out, and soon, a woman and a younger man rushed over.

They picked up the prince and carried him off. I watched from behind the rocks, half debating whether I should follow. But then I decided not. After all, merfolk and humans aren't exactly on the same page.

Sad that the prince had gone away so quickly, I submerged myself under the surface of the water and swam silently back to my castle.

♡♛♕♛♡

Arriving home, I snuck into my room through the window—something I did quite often. As I closed the curtains and turned around. I was given a heart attack by the appearance of my two brothers in my room. Hinata and Atsumu. Hinata held a rock covered in bioluminescent algae—giving my room a soft blue glow—and Atsumu had his arms crossed with a frown on his lips.

"Care to tell us where you were?" He stared at me and I turned my back on him.

"Hiding," I replied vaguely.

"Nuh-uh," Hinata chirped up while swimming in front of me, "We checked your cave, and you weren't there."

"HAH?!" I stared at him in shock as Atsumu glided up next to him.

"What, you think we don't know where you run off to?" He smirked his silver scales reflecting beautifully in the blue light.

"Well, yeah, that's kinda the whole point of a secret hideout," I replied sassily.

"It's okay, Tendou-san," Hinata butted in, "We never told anyone, only us two know."

"Back to the question," Atsumu frowned again, "Where'd you go?"

"What? It's not like you don't sneak out to meet that octopus guy, Sakusa," I sneered, trying to direct the discussion away from me.

Atsumu's face flushed and he dropped his arms, "That's different!"

"How?" I cocked my head to the side, "Father doesn't like him one bit."

"He also doesn't like your obsession with the Surface!" Atsumu shot back, clenching his fists.

"I don't care what Father says about me!" I whispered venomously, "I don't give a shit what that geezer thinks of me."

"Guys?" Hinata started nervously, "If we don't keep it down, Father will get mad at all of us."

"No, just me," Atsumu and I said at the same time. Hinata glanced back and forth between us.

"U-uh, ok," He stuttered, "but Tendou, does disappearing for hours have to do with a guy?"

"..." I remained silent and Atsumu cursed.

"Yes!" Hinata cheered silently, "Cough up my pearls, Tsumu, I win."

"What?" I questioned as Atsumu grumbled and handed Hinata twenty pearls.

"We had a bet on why you missed supper," Atsumu explained, "Hinata bet it had something to do with a guy and I said you were probably cursing Father off."

"I'm just gonna ignore that," I said, swimming past them to my clamshell bed.

"Wait," Atsumu grabbed my arm, "Now that we know it was a guy, can we know who he was—or is?"

I hesitated, but then decided I could trust them, "Fine, but I'm only telling you this because you've proven over the years that I can trust you."

They sat on either side of me on my bed and waited eagerly.

I took a deep breath, my gills flaring, "So, I was in my cave at first, but then I left and noticed a ship on the surface right above me," I paused and Atsumu furrowed his brows but said nothing, "So I went up to check it out and saw the most handsome guy. Turns out, he was a prince. But then the storm came and wrecked the ship," Hinata gasped.

"So I grabbed the prince and brought him to shore. I stayed with him till an old man arrived and took him away."

"You-," Hinata paused and continued quietly. "You made contact with a human?"

"A prince no less," Atsumu added, "If Father found out he'd be enraged."

"Exactly," I agreed, "Which is why you will speak of this to no one." Hinata made a zipping motion with his lips and Atsumu nodded.

"Well, since you told us of this secret, do you wanna hear one of mine?" Hinata asked, his cheerfulness always lighting up the room. Atsumu and I both nodded, grinning.

"Well," Hinata fiddled with his fingers, "I-I kissed Kageyama," He blushed and I grabbed his hands.

"Was it good?" I asked excitedly. Hinata blushed a deeper red and nodded. Atsumu and I squealed softly.

"N-now Atsumu, tell us one of your secrets!" Hinata demanded.

"It's only fair," I added. Atsumu sighed, raising his hands in defeat.

"Fine, but Father can NEVER hear of this," He glared pointedly at each of us. We both nodded, intimidated.

Atsumu sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, "Okay, don't overreact or scream or anything, but ItoldOmiKunmyName," He said quickly, hiding his face in his hands.

My jaw dropped along with Hinata's. A merfolk's Name is not something to be taken lightly. No one else is allowed to say it but the parents, spouse, or/and the person it belongs to. It is a sign of unfathomable love. It can also be used to control the merfolk. The Name of a mer is not to be taken lightly. It's a very secretive matter, we all have common names that we refer to each other as, but our Names are kept private, with the exception of a few close family members. Atsumu prefers to be called his Name by his brothers, he says it makes him feel loved, but around anyone else, we refer to him as Miya.

"You mean your Name Name?" I asked in shock. Atsumu nodded and Hinata gaped silently.

"You really do like him that much?" Hinata asked, finally regaining his composure. Atsumu nodded again and I smiled softly.

"Well, if he makes you happy, then I'm fine with it," I said and Hinata nodded fervently, "But if he breaks your heart or manipulates you with your Name I will end him."

Atsumu laughed and suddenly Hinata brought us all into a hug.

"I love you guys," He squeezed us.

"I love you too," Atsumu replied, hugging all of us as well.

"I love you guys more," I smiled and hugged them both back.

We fell asleep like that, resting in each other's arms; our secrets nestled deep in our hearts. 

***********************************************************************************************

If you could have one power for the rest of your life, what would it be?