_-*Chapter 20*-_

I already know this is probably going to be the longest fanfiction I've written-

Tendou POV

*************************************************************************************************************

Needless to say, I was quite unused to riding in a carriage on land. It's so much smooth in the water. On land, you're constantly bouncing up and down.

But the bothersomeness of the carriage was worth Wakatoshi holding my hip to keep me from sliding.

Eventually, after a long while, we finally arrived at a white and turquoise castle. We were greeted at the front by two guards, one with short pink hair and the other with thick eyebrows.

They led us around the castle and into a garden in the back. On the massive patio that stood in the center, I saw three people standing. One of them had a gray beard and was a little taller than the other two, so I assumed that was Ushijima's father. The other two had a small difference in height, but the taller one had dark short hair while the shorter had smooth and silvery locks with a beauty dot under his left eye.

The shorter one was leaner and more feminine as well, and the taller one had more muscle. Especially his thighs, damn.

Wakatoshi helped me up the steps when we arrived and introduced me to the three people.

"These," he motioned to the younger pair, "are the new kings of Karasuno: Daichi and Koushi Sawamura." He motioned toward the shorter then the taller, "And this is my father," He turned to the older man who looked at me intrigued.

"And who is this?" His father asked.

"This is my..." Wakatoshi started but his mother interrupted him.

"His boyfriend!" she cut in and wrapped her arm around my shoulders, "Isn't he precious?"

His father smiled and nodded at his son in approval, "Yes, dear. You picked a fine one, Wakatoshi."

Wakatoshi squeezed my hand and led me to sit with him at the table, across from Koushi and Daichi.

"Wow, Ushiwaka," Koushi exclaimed, "I never thought you would actually have settled down for anyone less than me!" Daichi elbowed him hard and he whined.

"I'm sorry for him," Daichi apologized to both of us, "He can be rather impolite."

I laughed lightly and Wakatoshi shrugged but still wrapped his arm around my waist again.

The rest of the lunch went on smoothly, I mainly listened to the conversations happening, although Ushijima's father, Takashi, did talk to me often. He seemed nice, just like Haruka. I wish my family was like this.

Thinking about my family made the warm air that surrounded me grow cold and my face must've clouded because Koushi then asked worriedly, "Tendou, are you okay?"

I shook myself out of the trance and put on a smile, "Yes, sorry for worrying you."

He looked at me unconvinced but then went back to conversing with his husband.

♡♛♕♛♡

The lunch had finished and now Daichi led us on a tour of their castle. I stood awkwardly in the back of the group, Wakatoshi standing next to me like a loyal puppy. I appreciated it, but I knew he would prefer to walk next to Daichi, they seemed like they had a history together.

"Hey," I whispered softly, "Wakatoshi."

"Yes, Satori," he whispered in return.

"You know I'll be fine on my own," I smiled in reassurance when he opened his mouth in refutation, "you can enjoy yourself too."